M. Night Shyamalan Breeds the Other "Avatar"
Not to be confused with James Cameron's "Avatar", "Sixth Sense" director M. Night Shyamalan turns out to also have intention to develop a big screen project using the same name under Paramount's MTV Films and Nick Movies banner.
Titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the flick is based on the Nickelodeon's popular animated TV series created by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The show revolves around the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars, the spirits of the planet manifested in human form, who have to save his world from Fire Nation.
No word yet on the production date, but it is revealed that Shyamalan will carry out triple duties of directing, writing, and producing in bringing out a live-action version of the series to the big screen. Meanwhile, Paramount is said to have registered the name of the project with the Motion Picture Association of America despite a Fox's claim that the title is owned by the studio.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?