M. Night Shyamalan Breeds the Other "Avatar"
Not to be confused with James Cameron's "Avatar", "Sixth Sense" director M. Night Shyamalan turns out to also have intention to develop a big screen project using the same name under Paramount's MTV Films and Nick Movies banner.
Titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the flick is based on the Nickelodeon's popular animated TV series created by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The show revolves around the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars, the spirits of the planet manifested in human form, who have to save his world from Fire Nation.
No word yet on the production date, but it is revealed that Shyamalan will carry out triple duties of directing, writing, and producing in bringing out a live-action version of the series to the big screen. Meanwhile, Paramount is said to have registered the name of the project with the Motion Picture Association of America despite a Fox's claim that the title is owned by the studio.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'