M. Night Shyamalan Breeds the Other "Avatar"
Not to be confused with James Cameron's "Avatar", "Sixth Sense" director M. Night Shyamalan turns out to also have intention to develop a big screen project using the same name under Paramount's MTV Films and Nick Movies banner.
Titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the flick is based on the Nickelodeon's popular animated TV series created by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The show revolves around the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars, the spirits of the planet manifested in human form, who have to save his world from Fire Nation.
No word yet on the production date, but it is revealed that Shyamalan will carry out triple duties of directing, writing, and producing in bringing out a live-action version of the series to the big screen. Meanwhile, Paramount is said to have registered the name of the project with the Motion Picture Association of America despite a Fox's claim that the title is owned by the studio.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic