M. Night Shyamalan Breeds the Other "Avatar"
Not to be confused with James Cameron's "Avatar", "Sixth Sense" director M. Night Shyamalan turns out to also have intention to develop a big screen project using the same name under Paramount's MTV Films and Nick Movies banner.
Titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the flick is based on the Nickelodeon's popular animated TV series created by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The show revolves around the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars, the spirits of the planet manifested in human form, who have to save his world from Fire Nation.
No word yet on the production date, but it is revealed that Shyamalan will carry out triple duties of directing, writing, and producing in bringing out a live-action version of the series to the big screen. Meanwhile, Paramount is said to have registered the name of the project with the Motion Picture Association of America despite a Fox's claim that the title is owned by the studio.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story