Renee Zellweger Not Involved in "Bridget Jones 3"
Previously reported to have shown interest in reprising her role as the title character in the third installment of "Bridget Jones" series, Renee Zellweger has firmly denied that she is set to star in the project.
"It's like all the other rumours-it's simply not true," she told ITV. "It seems there is some kind of talk, but it's not with the people who make the movie or write the books."
"I heard about that in London," she continued. "I just got back from Vancouver and I got hit with those questions, like, it's a fact and it's signed, sealed and delivered. I thought, 'Wow! That's a surprise,' so I called the sources and they said it was bollocks and there is no truth in it at all."
However, the actress did hint that she does not shy away from the possibility of portraying the character again, saying that Helen Fielding, the author of the series which the two installments were based on, would have to ask her to come back besides a script that they can all agree on.
"If it were to happen, then the least of my concerns would be putting the weight on again," she remarked. "I've said it before: I like it when I look a little more voluptuous."
In related news, Zellweger is reported by The Guardian to have taken part in a film project adapted from Michael Lewis' book "The Blind Side - Evolution of the Game" which tells about the life of Michael Oher, a college football player at the University of Mississippi currently regarded as a top prospect for left tackle in the NFL. It is said that the beauty is likely to play Oher's foster mother Leigh Anne Tuohy, who has steered him into football.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'