Chris Brown Coming "This Christmas"
Making a quick step in jumping to his next acting stint after his debut in "Stomp the Yard", Chris Brown has reportedly landed a role in family-friendly holiday feature "This Christmas (2007)" which sees him once more sharing screen with "Yard" co-star Columbus Short.
"We're doing another movie together," Short confirmed while joking that he and Brown are on their way to becoming the next Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. "It's great to keep us working together; we're trying to be the new, young rat pack."
Like in the previous picture, Brown is poised to play the younger brother of Short's character who is also an aspiring singer. In addition, the R&B singer will also contribute his singing skills to the film soundtrack, making a cover of the title tune as well as "Try a Little Tenderness", a song made popular by Otis Redding in 1967.
Made under Screen Gems banner, the picture is said by Short to be 'The Family Stone' meets 'Waiting to Exhale'." Its story will center on the Whitfield family whose members come together for the holidays after living their own lives separately for four years. Shooting has already begun yesterday, January 8, under Screen Gems banner.
Apart from Brown and Short, other cast members include Regina King, Mekhi Phifer, Loretta Devine, Delroy Lindo, and Nia Long. All will come under the direction of Preston Whitmore who is also in charge to pen the script with Phifer producing.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic