Chris Brown Coming "This Christmas"
Making a quick step in jumping to his next acting stint after his debut in "Stomp the Yard", Chris Brown has reportedly landed a role in family-friendly holiday feature "This Christmas (2007)" which sees him once more sharing screen with "Yard" co-star Columbus Short.
"We're doing another movie together," Short confirmed while joking that he and Brown are on their way to becoming the next Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. "It's great to keep us working together; we're trying to be the new, young rat pack."
Like in the previous picture, Brown is poised to play the younger brother of Short's character who is also an aspiring singer. In addition, the R&B singer will also contribute his singing skills to the film soundtrack, making a cover of the title tune as well as "Try a Little Tenderness", a song made popular by Otis Redding in 1967.
Made under Screen Gems banner, the picture is said by Short to be 'The Family Stone' meets 'Waiting to Exhale'." Its story will center on the Whitfield family whose members come together for the holidays after living their own lives separately for four years. Shooting has already begun yesterday, January 8, under Screen Gems banner.
Apart from Brown and Short, other cast members include Regina King, Mekhi Phifer, Loretta Devine, Delroy Lindo, and Nia Long. All will come under the direction of Preston Whitmore who is also in charge to pen the script with Phifer producing.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked