Winners Named at the 10th Annual OFCS Awards
An international association of Internet-based cinema journalists, the Online Film Critics Society has officially announced yesterday, January 8, the list of recipients for its OFCS Awards, helping narrowing names and titles seen as leading contenders for the Academy Awards, the film industry's highest honors.
Matched those named in December by the New York Critics Circle, the organization cast its choice on documentary-style movie "United 93" to be the Best Picture, Martin Scorsese to be the Best Director for his work in "The Departed", plus Helen Mirren of "The Queen" and Forest Whitaker of "The Last King of Scotland" to receive the top performance honors.
Though also had the same favor with NYFCC in deeming Jackie Earle Haley of "Little Children" as the Best Supporting Actor, the critics surprisingly took different selection for the opposed category, granting Abigail Breslin of "Little Miss Sunshine" for the honor instead.
Other film titles scoring were "Pan's Labyrinth", "An Inconvenient Truth", and "A Scanner Darkly" which got deemed the Best Foreign Language Film, Best Documentary, and Best Animated Film, respectively. Names winning included Sacha Baron Cohen who snatched Breakthrough Performer title, "Labyrinth" director Guillermo del Toro for Best Original Screenplay, and Emmanuel Lubeski for Best Cinematography through his work in "Children of Men."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier