Talk Show Host Oprah Winfrey Took An AIDS Test
Oprah Winfrey gave the students at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy, her new $US40 million South African school for disadvantaged girls, a very good example by taking an AIDS test in front of them on Saturday January 6th, thus encouraging the children and their loved ones to follow suit.
Winfrey's test results will be kept confidential, as will those of the girls, according to a statement issued on behalf of the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.
"To be a great leader you must be of sound mind, body and spirit," Winfrey said. "Part of leadership is having the courage to demonstrate true action. Today I have taken the test to demonstrate why it's so important."
With her taking the AIDS test, Oprah hopes to set an example to pupils in one of the world's most infected nations. Greater than that, she also promised the 152 pupils free AIDS testing, counseling and treatment, with free anti-retroviral treatment to all parents and relatives living in the students' homes.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation