Talk Show Host Oprah Winfrey Took An AIDS Test
Oprah Winfrey gave the students at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy, her new $US40 million South African school for disadvantaged girls, a very good example by taking an AIDS test in front of them on Saturday January 6th, thus encouraging the children and their loved ones to follow suit.
Winfrey's test results will be kept confidential, as will those of the girls, according to a statement issued on behalf of the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.
"To be a great leader you must be of sound mind, body and spirit," Winfrey said. "Part of leadership is having the courage to demonstrate true action. Today I have taken the test to demonstrate why it's so important."
With her taking the AIDS test, Oprah hopes to set an example to pupils in one of the world's most infected nations. Greater than that, she also promised the 152 pupils free AIDS testing, counseling and treatment, with free anti-retroviral treatment to all parents and relatives living in the students' homes.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set