Talk Show Host Oprah Winfrey Took An AIDS Test
Oprah Winfrey gave the students at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy, her new $US40 million South African school for disadvantaged girls, a very good example by taking an AIDS test in front of them on Saturday January 6th, thus encouraging the children and their loved ones to follow suit.
Winfrey's test results will be kept confidential, as will those of the girls, according to a statement issued on behalf of the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.
"To be a great leader you must be of sound mind, body and spirit," Winfrey said. "Part of leadership is having the courage to demonstrate true action. Today I have taken the test to demonstrate why it's so important."
With her taking the AIDS test, Oprah hopes to set an example to pupils in one of the world's most infected nations. Greater than that, she also promised the 152 pupils free AIDS testing, counseling and treatment, with free anti-retroviral treatment to all parents and relatives living in the students' homes.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked