Busta Rhymes Arraigned on Misdemeanor Assault Charges, Released on Bail
Busta Rhymes surrendered at a Manhattan police station Wednesday night January 3rd and was arrested and charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault in connection with an alleged attack on his former driver.
On the dispute, it is said that the victim Edward Hatchett told authorities that Rhymes assaulted him outside a building in Lower Manhattan on December 26 during an argument over money, beat him "with a closed fist about the head and neck," knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and torso.
The incident left Hatchett with face and neck cuts and bruises and in substantial pain, the court paper said. The rapper then posted bail minutes after the arraignment and left the courthouse. Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross set Rhymes' bail at $3,500 while also signed an order for Rhymes to stay away from Edward. The star is next scheduled to attend court date for Feb. 20.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface