Busta Rhymes Arraigned on Misdemeanor Assault Charges, Released on Bail
Busta Rhymes surrendered at a Manhattan police station Wednesday night January 3rd and was arrested and charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault in connection with an alleged attack on his former driver.
On the dispute, it is said that the victim Edward Hatchett told authorities that Rhymes assaulted him outside a building in Lower Manhattan on December 26 during an argument over money, beat him "with a closed fist about the head and neck," knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and torso.
The incident left Hatchett with face and neck cuts and bruises and in substantial pain, the court paper said. The rapper then posted bail minutes after the arraignment and left the courthouse. Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross set Rhymes' bail at $3,500 while also signed an order for Rhymes to stay away from Edward. The star is next scheduled to attend court date for Feb. 20.
More Busta Rhymes News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier