Busta Rhymes Arraigned on Misdemeanor Assault Charges, Released on Bail
Busta Rhymes surrendered at a Manhattan police station Wednesday night January 3rd and was arrested and charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault in connection with an alleged attack on his former driver.
On the dispute, it is said that the victim Edward Hatchett told authorities that Rhymes assaulted him outside a building in Lower Manhattan on December 26 during an argument over money, beat him "with a closed fist about the head and neck," knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and torso.
The incident left Hatchett with face and neck cuts and bruises and in substantial pain, the court paper said. The rapper then posted bail minutes after the arraignment and left the courthouse. Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross set Rhymes' bail at $3,500 while also signed an order for Rhymes to stay away from Edward. The star is next scheduled to attend court date for Feb. 20.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'