Busta Rhymes Arraigned on Misdemeanor Assault Charges, Released on Bail
Busta Rhymes surrendered at a Manhattan police station Wednesday night January 3rd and was arrested and charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault in connection with an alleged attack on his former driver.
On the dispute, it is said that the victim Edward Hatchett told authorities that Rhymes assaulted him outside a building in Lower Manhattan on December 26 during an argument over money, beat him "with a closed fist about the head and neck," knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and torso.
The incident left Hatchett with face and neck cuts and bruises and in substantial pain, the court paper said. The rapper then posted bail minutes after the arraignment and left the courthouse. Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross set Rhymes' bail at $3,500 while also signed an order for Rhymes to stay away from Edward. The star is next scheduled to attend court date for Feb. 20.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie