Busta Rhymes Arraigned on Misdemeanor Assault Charges, Released on Bail
Busta Rhymes surrendered at a Manhattan police station Wednesday night January 3rd and was arrested and charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault in connection with an alleged attack on his former driver.
On the dispute, it is said that the victim Edward Hatchett told authorities that Rhymes assaulted him outside a building in Lower Manhattan on December 26 during an argument over money, beat him "with a closed fist about the head and neck," knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and torso.
The incident left Hatchett with face and neck cuts and bruises and in substantial pain, the court paper said. The rapper then posted bail minutes after the arraignment and left the courthouse. Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross set Rhymes' bail at $3,500 while also signed an order for Rhymes to stay away from Edward. The star is next scheduled to attend court date for Feb. 20.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce