Nominees Announced for the 18th Annual PGA Awards
Continuing its tradition in recognizing lauded works and names in show business that has been running since 1990, the Producers Guild of America has unveiled the list of contenders for its 2007 PGA Awards, formerly known as the Golden Laurel Awards, scheduled to be presented on January 20 in Los Angeles.
For top honor of Best Theatrical Picture, the organization cast its picks on "Babel", "The Departed" "Dreamgirls", "Little Miss Sunshine", and "The Queen" as the nominees while included "Cars", "Flushed Away", "Happy Feet", "Ice Age: The Meltdown", and "Monster House" to be those in Best Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures category.
Also extending its honor to small screen works, the members has lined up five titles to compete for Best Long-Form Television namely "Bleak House", "Elizabeth I", "Flight 93", "High School Musical", and "Mrs. Harris" with "The Amazing Race 9", "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", "Project Runway", and "60 Minutes" as the contenders for the non-fiction slot. For complete list of nominees, do check it out on the PGA official site at http://www.producersguild.org/pg/awards_a/.
In the meantime, the guild has already selected writer-producer Ron Meyer to be bestowed its Milestone Award also renowned producer Jerry Bruckheimer as the recipient of the Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television. It previously named Al Gore's environmental documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" the honoree of its Stanley Kramer Award for year 2007.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival