Arnold Schwarzenegger to Undergo Surgery After Idaho Ski Injury
Arnold Schwarzenegger will need to take everything easy for the coming days as he's been scheduled to undergo surgery after breaking his leg in an Idaho skiing accident over the weekend.
Schwarzenegger returned to the state Monday Dec 25th and will undergo non-emergency surgery Tuesday morning Dec 26th to repair his fractured right femur, which he broke while skiing with his family in Sun Valley, Idaho, on Saturday Dec 23rd, spokeswoman Julie Soderlund said.
The surgeon performing the operation says he will use cables and screws to secure the governor's upper right thigh bone. The governor has already been admitted to an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles, where the surgery is expected to take less than two hours.
And since Schwarzenegger will be placed under general anesthesia for the procedure, California Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante will serve as acting governor.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie