Angelina Jolie Celebrated Christmas with Refugees in Costa Rica
Refugees is what Angelina Jolie dealing with concerning her duty as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). And celebrating the Christmas day, the actress spent time with mainly Colombian refugees in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Jolie, arrived Monday Dec 25th, was about to visit a group of refugee children and families and to meet Costa Rican officials, the UNHCR said in a statement. There are about 11,500 refugees in this Central American country, most of whom fled Colombia because of the conflict there between leftist guerrillas, soldiers and paramilitary forces.
"The conflict in Colombia is the greatest humanitarian tragedy in the Western Hemisphere, but it receives very little international attention,'' the Oscar-winning actress said after she arrived in San Jose. "My Christmas message to Colombian refugees and to the millions of displaced people in Colombia is that the world has not totally forgotten them.''
More Angelina Jolie News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel