Angelina Jolie Celebrated Christmas with Refugees in Costa Rica
Refugees is what Angelina Jolie dealing with concerning her duty as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). And celebrating the Christmas day, the actress spent time with mainly Colombian refugees in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Jolie, arrived Monday Dec 25th, was about to visit a group of refugee children and families and to meet Costa Rican officials, the UNHCR said in a statement. There are about 11,500 refugees in this Central American country, most of whom fled Colombia because of the conflict there between leftist guerrillas, soldiers and paramilitary forces.
"The conflict in Colombia is the greatest humanitarian tragedy in the Western Hemisphere, but it receives very little international attention,'' the Oscar-winning actress said after she arrived in San Jose. "My Christmas message to Colombian refugees and to the millions of displaced people in Colombia is that the world has not totally forgotten them.''
More Angelina Jolie News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer