Bono Is Being Awarded An Honorary British Knighthood
Irish rocker Bono, being recognized for his musical contributions and his humanitarian work, is about to be awarded an honorary British knighthood, it has been confirmed.
In a letter to Bono released Saturday Dec 23rd, British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the singer's lobbying efforts for Africa, writing "I know from talking to you how much these causes matter to you. I know as well how knowledgeable you are about the problems we face and how determined you are to do all you can to help overcome them. You have tirelessly used your voice to speak up for Africa."
The lead singer of band U2 is slated to receive his honorary knighthood shortly after New Year's Day. On his being awarded the honor, Bono said to be "very flattered, particularly if the honor...opens doors for his long standing campaigning work against extreme poverty in Africa."
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard