Bono Is Being Awarded An Honorary British Knighthood
Irish rocker Bono, being recognized for his musical contributions and his humanitarian work, is about to be awarded an honorary British knighthood, it has been confirmed.
In a letter to Bono released Saturday Dec 23rd, British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the singer's lobbying efforts for Africa, writing "I know from talking to you how much these causes matter to you. I know as well how knowledgeable you are about the problems we face and how determined you are to do all you can to help overcome them. You have tirelessly used your voice to speak up for Africa."
The lead singer of band U2 is slated to receive his honorary knighthood shortly after New Year's Day. On his being awarded the honor, Bono said to be "very flattered, particularly if the honor...opens doors for his long standing campaigning work against extreme poverty in Africa."
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'