Bono Is Being Awarded An Honorary British Knighthood
Irish rocker Bono, being recognized for his musical contributions and his humanitarian work, is about to be awarded an honorary British knighthood, it has been confirmed.
In a letter to Bono released Saturday Dec 23rd, British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the singer's lobbying efforts for Africa, writing "I know from talking to you how much these causes matter to you. I know as well how knowledgeable you are about the problems we face and how determined you are to do all you can to help overcome them. You have tirelessly used your voice to speak up for Africa."
The lead singer of band U2 is slated to receive his honorary knighthood shortly after New Year's Day. On his being awarded the honor, Bono said to be "very flattered, particularly if the honor...opens doors for his long standing campaigning work against extreme poverty in Africa."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce