Bono Is Being Awarded An Honorary British Knighthood
Irish rocker Bono, being recognized for his musical contributions and his humanitarian work, is about to be awarded an honorary British knighthood, it has been confirmed.
In a letter to Bono released Saturday Dec 23rd, British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the singer's lobbying efforts for Africa, writing "I know from talking to you how much these causes matter to you. I know as well how knowledgeable you are about the problems we face and how determined you are to do all you can to help overcome them. You have tirelessly used your voice to speak up for Africa."
The lead singer of band U2 is slated to receive his honorary knighthood shortly after New Year's Day. On his being awarded the honor, Bono said to be "very flattered, particularly if the honor...opens doors for his long standing campaigning work against extreme poverty in Africa."
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues