US Box Office's 10 Best Bows
"Night at the Museum" rules the holiday weekend, becoming favorite among moviegoers. The action comedy family flick leads the US box office, ruling at the top spot with $30.8 million according to studio estimates Sunday Dec 24th.
Starring Ben Stiller as a guard at a museum where exhibits come alive at night, the flick exceeded expectations for 20th Century Fox, which had been counting on a bit more than $20 million. Following in at the 2nd spot is "The Pursuit of Happyness" with $15 million. Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" debuts at No. 3 with $12.5 million over the weekend.
Universal's "The Good Shepherd" opens at No. 4, taking in $10 million, ahead of "Charlotte's Web" which secures the 5th spot with $8 million. The movie chart's next best bow is "Eragon" at No. 6 scoring $7.15 million in ticket sales, followed after by "We Are Marshall" at the 7th spot with $6.6 million and "Happy Feet" at No. 8 with $5.1 million. Rounding out the Top 10 is "The Holiday" at No. 9 with $5 million and "The Nativity Story" at No. 10 with $4.65 million.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress