US Box Office's 10 Best Bows
"Night at the Museum" rules the holiday weekend, becoming favorite among moviegoers. The action comedy family flick leads the US box office, ruling at the top spot with $30.8 million according to studio estimates Sunday Dec 24th.
Starring Ben Stiller as a guard at a museum where exhibits come alive at night, the flick exceeded expectations for 20th Century Fox, which had been counting on a bit more than $20 million. Following in at the 2nd spot is "The Pursuit of Happyness" with $15 million. Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" debuts at No. 3 with $12.5 million over the weekend.
Universal's "The Good Shepherd" opens at No. 4, taking in $10 million, ahead of "Charlotte's Web" which secures the 5th spot with $8 million. The movie chart's next best bow is "Eragon" at No. 6 scoring $7.15 million in ticket sales, followed after by "We Are Marshall" at the 7th spot with $6.6 million and "Happy Feet" at No. 8 with $5.1 million. Rounding out the Top 10 is "The Holiday" at No. 9 with $5 million and "The Nativity Story" at No. 10 with $4.65 million.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli