US Box Office's 10 Best Bows
"Night at the Museum" rules the holiday weekend, becoming favorite among moviegoers. The action comedy family flick leads the US box office, ruling at the top spot with $30.8 million according to studio estimates Sunday Dec 24th.
Starring Ben Stiller as a guard at a museum where exhibits come alive at night, the flick exceeded expectations for 20th Century Fox, which had been counting on a bit more than $20 million. Following in at the 2nd spot is "The Pursuit of Happyness" with $15 million. Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" debuts at No. 3 with $12.5 million over the weekend.
Universal's "The Good Shepherd" opens at No. 4, taking in $10 million, ahead of "Charlotte's Web" which secures the 5th spot with $8 million. The movie chart's next best bow is "Eragon" at No. 6 scoring $7.15 million in ticket sales, followed after by "We Are Marshall" at the 7th spot with $6.6 million and "Happy Feet" at No. 8 with $5.1 million. Rounding out the Top 10 is "The Holiday" at No. 9 with $5 million and "The Nativity Story" at No. 10 with $4.65 million.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'