US Box Office's 10 Best Bows
"Night at the Museum" rules the holiday weekend, becoming favorite among moviegoers. The action comedy family flick leads the US box office, ruling at the top spot with $30.8 million according to studio estimates Sunday Dec 24th.
Starring Ben Stiller as a guard at a museum where exhibits come alive at night, the flick exceeded expectations for 20th Century Fox, which had been counting on a bit more than $20 million. Following in at the 2nd spot is "The Pursuit of Happyness" with $15 million. Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" debuts at No. 3 with $12.5 million over the weekend.
Universal's "The Good Shepherd" opens at No. 4, taking in $10 million, ahead of "Charlotte's Web" which secures the 5th spot with $8 million. The movie chart's next best bow is "Eragon" at No. 6 scoring $7.15 million in ticket sales, followed after by "We Are Marshall" at the 7th spot with $6.6 million and "Happy Feet" at No. 8 with $5.1 million. Rounding out the Top 10 is "The Holiday" at No. 9 with $5 million and "The Nativity Story" at No. 10 with $4.65 million.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2