Lionsgate Generates "Tenderness"
Seemingly possessing good eye in picking up film projects, Lionsgate has successfully snatched the distribution rights to promising thriller feature "Tenderness" for the U.S, U.K, Australian, and South African regions, Variety has learned.
Being targeted to be launched domestically in late 2007, the flick is a GreeneStreet Films production which is also financed by iDeal Partners Film Fund and the Hanson Film Fund. Russell Crowe, Laura Dern, Jon Foster, and Sophie Traub are all starring with Australian filmmaker John Polson at helm.
Based on Robert Cormier's novel of the same title adapted into the big screen by screenwriter Emil Stern, "Tenderness" centers on a violent young man taking up with a trusting runaway who is plotted to be exposed as a serial killer by a hardened local cop, played by Crowe.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert