Lionsgate Generates "Tenderness"
Seemingly possessing good eye in picking up film projects, Lionsgate has successfully snatched the distribution rights to promising thriller feature "Tenderness" for the U.S, U.K, Australian, and South African regions, Variety has learned.
Being targeted to be launched domestically in late 2007, the flick is a GreeneStreet Films production which is also financed by iDeal Partners Film Fund and the Hanson Film Fund. Russell Crowe, Laura Dern, Jon Foster, and Sophie Traub are all starring with Australian filmmaker John Polson at helm.
Based on Robert Cormier's novel of the same title adapted into the big screen by screenwriter Emil Stern, "Tenderness" centers on a violent young man taking up with a trusting runaway who is plotted to be exposed as a serial killer by a hardened local cop, played by Crowe.
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development