"Peter Pan" Sequel in Works
An official sequel to 2003's "Peter Pan", the live-action picture of J.M. Barrie's classic children's novel and play, is set to come to the surface. Variety has reported that the rights to the sequel, titled "Peter Pan in Scarlet", have been picked up by Headline Pictures, BBC Films, and the U.K. Film Council to be developed into the big screen.
Based on the novel written by Geraldine McCaughrean, the project is likely to revolve around the all grown-up Wendy, her brothers, and the Lost Boys who must find a way back to Neverland after they have a disturbing dream about the place being in trouble. So far, names attached to work on the flick have not yet been revealed.
McCaughrean's book, published in October this year, was the winner of the worldwide search for a sequel to Barrie's famed work held in 2004 by the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity Trustees (GOSHCC), the beneficiary of the author's will which also owns the copyright to "Peter Pan", to mark the centenary of the original.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo