Win the Chance, A Duet with Justin Timberlake at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards
Sing a duet with Justin Timberlake is mission impossible no more. The pop singer has just launched a contest to find an aspiring singer to perform a duet with him at the 2007 Grammy Awards.
The Recording Academy, together with CBS Corp. and Yahoo Inc., is holding a contest to find an unsigned artist to perform with Justin at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards, which is about to air live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 11th.
Contestants will have to submit a 60-second video clip of them singing one of nine songs selected by Justin, all of which have won Grammys. The songs to be performed for the audition tape are: Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You," Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father," Melissa Etheridge's "Come to My Window," Timberlake's "Cry Me a River," Faith Hill's "Breathe," Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It," Aretha Franklin's "Respect," Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love."
A panel will select 12 contestants and then people will be allowed to vote online to narrow the filed to five, then three contestants. Log on to the CBS.com Grammy Web site to enter, watch video submissions, and vote for your favorite contestants.
The three finalists will be announced during the Super Bowl weekend in February and will attend the Grammy Awards ceremony a week later. During the show, the winner will be announced and will perform a duet with Justin live on stage, in front of millions of television viewers.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance