"Believe It or Not" Resurrected!
The dust on "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" finally is cleared. Paramount Pictures has decided to bring back the project to development and appointed "Bruce Almighty" scribe Steve Oedekerk to make a re-writing of the project's script previously penned by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
Eyeing a winter 2008 production start in China for a 2009 release, the flick delightfully still sees Jim Carrey and Tim Burton remain in place as the lead star and the director, respectively, with Kenneth Atchity, Jim Jacks, Sean Daniel, and Richard D. Zanuck producing.
One of the most ambitious features hatched by the studio, the flick was stalled months before its fall production start after the execs were said to face the prospect of a China shoot with a budget north of $150 million. At that time, Burton and Carey were also still coming up with ideas that necessitated a significant rewrite of the script.
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips