"Believe It or Not" Resurrected!
The dust on "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" finally is cleared. Paramount Pictures has decided to bring back the project to development and appointed "Bruce Almighty" scribe Steve Oedekerk to make a re-writing of the project's script previously penned by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
Eyeing a winter 2008 production start in China for a 2009 release, the flick delightfully still sees Jim Carrey and Tim Burton remain in place as the lead star and the director, respectively, with Kenneth Atchity, Jim Jacks, Sean Daniel, and Richard D. Zanuck producing.
One of the most ambitious features hatched by the studio, the flick was stalled months before its fall production start after the execs were said to face the prospect of a China shoot with a budget north of $150 million. At that time, Burton and Carey were also still coming up with ideas that necessitated a significant rewrite of the script.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival