"Believe It or Not" Resurrected!
The dust on "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" finally is cleared. Paramount Pictures has decided to bring back the project to development and appointed "Bruce Almighty" scribe Steve Oedekerk to make a re-writing of the project's script previously penned by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
Eyeing a winter 2008 production start in China for a 2009 release, the flick delightfully still sees Jim Carrey and Tim Burton remain in place as the lead star and the director, respectively, with Kenneth Atchity, Jim Jacks, Sean Daniel, and Richard D. Zanuck producing.
One of the most ambitious features hatched by the studio, the flick was stalled months before its fall production start after the execs were said to face the prospect of a China shoot with a budget north of $150 million. At that time, Burton and Carey were also still coming up with ideas that necessitated a significant rewrite of the script.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance