"Believe It or Not" Resurrected!
The dust on "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" finally is cleared. Paramount Pictures has decided to bring back the project to development and appointed "Bruce Almighty" scribe Steve Oedekerk to make a re-writing of the project's script previously penned by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
Eyeing a winter 2008 production start in China for a 2009 release, the flick delightfully still sees Jim Carrey and Tim Burton remain in place as the lead star and the director, respectively, with Kenneth Atchity, Jim Jacks, Sean Daniel, and Richard D. Zanuck producing.
One of the most ambitious features hatched by the studio, the flick was stalled months before its fall production start after the execs were said to face the prospect of a China shoot with a budget north of $150 million. At that time, Burton and Carey were also still coming up with ideas that necessitated a significant rewrite of the script.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart