Big Titles Racing for Oscar's Visual Effects Nods
Seven film features were chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences yesterday, December 15, for consideration to be the contenders in Visual Effects category for the 79th annual Academy Awards.
Listed in alphabetical order, they are "Casino Royale", "Eragon", "Night at the Museum", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", "Poseidon", "Superman Returns", and "X-Men: The Last Stand."
The Academy's Visual Effects Award nominating committee will first view 15-minute film excerpts from each film on January 17, 2007 before voting to pick up three nominees announced on date 23 the same month at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The awards will be presented on February 25, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center aired live by the ABC Television Network.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift