Big Titles Racing for Oscar's Visual Effects Nods
Seven film features were chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences yesterday, December 15, for consideration to be the contenders in Visual Effects category for the 79th annual Academy Awards.
Listed in alphabetical order, they are "Casino Royale", "Eragon", "Night at the Museum", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", "Poseidon", "Superman Returns", and "X-Men: The Last Stand."
The Academy's Visual Effects Award nominating committee will first view 15-minute film excerpts from each film on January 17, 2007 before voting to pick up three nominees announced on date 23 the same month at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The awards will be presented on February 25, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center aired live by the ABC Television Network.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!