Big Titles Racing for Oscar's Visual Effects Nods
Seven film features were chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences yesterday, December 15, for consideration to be the contenders in Visual Effects category for the 79th annual Academy Awards.
Listed in alphabetical order, they are "Casino Royale", "Eragon", "Night at the Museum", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", "Poseidon", "Superman Returns", and "X-Men: The Last Stand."
The Academy's Visual Effects Award nominating committee will first view 15-minute film excerpts from each film on January 17, 2007 before voting to pick up three nominees announced on date 23 the same month at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The awards will be presented on February 25, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center aired live by the ABC Television Network.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny