Big Titles Racing for Oscar's Visual Effects Nods
Seven film features were chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences yesterday, December 15, for consideration to be the contenders in Visual Effects category for the 79th annual Academy Awards.
Listed in alphabetical order, they are "Casino Royale", "Eragon", "Night at the Museum", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", "Poseidon", "Superman Returns", and "X-Men: The Last Stand."
The Academy's Visual Effects Award nominating committee will first view 15-minute film excerpts from each film on January 17, 2007 before voting to pick up three nominees announced on date 23 the same month at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The awards will be presented on February 25, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center aired live by the ABC Television Network.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard