Big Titles Racing for Oscar's Visual Effects Nods
Seven film features were chosen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences yesterday, December 15, for consideration to be the contenders in Visual Effects category for the 79th annual Academy Awards.
Listed in alphabetical order, they are "Casino Royale", "Eragon", "Night at the Museum", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", "Poseidon", "Superman Returns", and "X-Men: The Last Stand."
The Academy's Visual Effects Award nominating committee will first view 15-minute film excerpts from each film on January 17, 2007 before voting to pick up three nominees announced on date 23 the same month at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The awards will be presented on February 25, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center aired live by the ABC Television Network.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen