Dolly Parton Makes Donation to Hospital and Cancer Center in Her Hometown
Dolly Parton has her own way to express honor to the country doctor who delivered her, that is by making $500,000 donation to a $90 million hospital and cancer center in her Smoky Mountains hometown.
On the physician who delivered her in 1946 Parton said, "I have wonderful, wonderful memories of Dr. (Robert F.) Thomas. I know the grand vision of this hospital would have made Dr. Thomas proud."
Parton, an honorary chairman of the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation, which plans to raise $10 million for a 79-bed hospital and cancer patient center in Sevierville, pledged $500,000 from her Dixie Stampede dinner theater and the Dollywood Foundation, a charitable organization spun off from her Dollywood theme park.
She will, additionally, donate all the proceeds from her performance during a concert May 20 next year at a minor league baseball park in Sevierville to the hospital.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos