Dolly Parton Makes Donation to Hospital and Cancer Center in Her Hometown
Dolly Parton has her own way to express honor to the country doctor who delivered her, that is by making $500,000 donation to a $90 million hospital and cancer center in her Smoky Mountains hometown.
On the physician who delivered her in 1946 Parton said, "I have wonderful, wonderful memories of Dr. (Robert F.) Thomas. I know the grand vision of this hospital would have made Dr. Thomas proud."
Parton, an honorary chairman of the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation, which plans to raise $10 million for a 79-bed hospital and cancer patient center in Sevierville, pledged $500,000 from her Dixie Stampede dinner theater and the Dollywood Foundation, a charitable organization spun off from her Dollywood theme park.
She will, additionally, donate all the proceeds from her performance during a concert May 20 next year at a minor league baseball park in Sevierville to the hospital.
More Dolly Parton News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump