Dolly Parton Makes Donation to Hospital and Cancer Center in Her Hometown
Dolly Parton has her own way to express honor to the country doctor who delivered her, that is by making $500,000 donation to a $90 million hospital and cancer center in her Smoky Mountains hometown.
On the physician who delivered her in 1946 Parton said, "I have wonderful, wonderful memories of Dr. (Robert F.) Thomas. I know the grand vision of this hospital would have made Dr. Thomas proud."
Parton, an honorary chairman of the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation, which plans to raise $10 million for a 79-bed hospital and cancer patient center in Sevierville, pledged $500,000 from her Dixie Stampede dinner theater and the Dollywood Foundation, a charitable organization spun off from her Dollywood theme park.
She will, additionally, donate all the proceeds from her performance during a concert May 20 next year at a minor league baseball park in Sevierville to the hospital.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign