Dolly Parton Makes Donation to Hospital and Cancer Center in Her Hometown
Dolly Parton has her own way to express honor to the country doctor who delivered her, that is by making $500,000 donation to a $90 million hospital and cancer center in her Smoky Mountains hometown.
On the physician who delivered her in 1946 Parton said, "I have wonderful, wonderful memories of Dr. (Robert F.) Thomas. I know the grand vision of this hospital would have made Dr. Thomas proud."
Parton, an honorary chairman of the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation, which plans to raise $10 million for a 79-bed hospital and cancer patient center in Sevierville, pledged $500,000 from her Dixie Stampede dinner theater and the Dollywood Foundation, a charitable organization spun off from her Dollywood theme park.
She will, additionally, donate all the proceeds from her performance during a concert May 20 next year at a minor league baseball park in Sevierville to the hospital.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie