Sheldon Turner Glides Merrily with the "Super Freak"
Making a diversion into dramatic genre, "The Longest Yard" scribe Sheldon Turner is on duty to pen the script of "Super Freak: The Rick James Story", a big screen feature about the life of the controversial punk-funk singer, Variety has learned.
Intended by Turner not to be a typical rags-to-riches-to-drugs music biopic, the project has already had Texas-based entrepreneur John Farbes to handle the financial matters. Furthermore, the man will also seat as the executive producer alongside Mark Gill with Patrick Aluise and Jennifer Klein producing.
Recently wrote for Jonathan Liebesman's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning", Sheldon has also been tapped to pen the screenplays of a number of upcoming big screen features, including "Wanted", "Magneto", and "Two Minutes to Midnight" in which he will team once more with Klein.
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film