Sheldon Turner Glides Merrily with the "Super Freak"
Making a diversion into dramatic genre, "The Longest Yard" scribe Sheldon Turner is on duty to pen the script of "Super Freak: The Rick James Story", a big screen feature about the life of the controversial punk-funk singer, Variety has learned.
Intended by Turner not to be a typical rags-to-riches-to-drugs music biopic, the project has already had Texas-based entrepreneur John Farbes to handle the financial matters. Furthermore, the man will also seat as the executive producer alongside Mark Gill with Patrick Aluise and Jennifer Klein producing.
Recently wrote for Jonathan Liebesman's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning", Sheldon has also been tapped to pen the screenplays of a number of upcoming big screen features, including "Wanted", "Magneto", and "Two Minutes to Midnight" in which he will team once more with Klein.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise