Sheldon Turner Glides Merrily with the "Super Freak"
Making a diversion into dramatic genre, "The Longest Yard" scribe Sheldon Turner is on duty to pen the script of "Super Freak: The Rick James Story", a big screen feature about the life of the controversial punk-funk singer, Variety has learned.
Intended by Turner not to be a typical rags-to-riches-to-drugs music biopic, the project has already had Texas-based entrepreneur John Farbes to handle the financial matters. Furthermore, the man will also seat as the executive producer alongside Mark Gill with Patrick Aluise and Jennifer Klein producing.
Recently wrote for Jonathan Liebesman's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning", Sheldon has also been tapped to pen the screenplays of a number of upcoming big screen features, including "Wanted", "Magneto", and "Two Minutes to Midnight" in which he will team once more with Klein.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger