Winners at the 32nd Annual LAFCA Awards
Turns out New York Film Critics Online is not the only one that gave honors to members of the film industry on Sunday, December 10 as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association also announced on the same day those worthy to receive its LAFCA Awards, which will be held on January 14, 2007.
Seemingly had the same taste with the National Board of Review, the organization delightfully picked "Letters from Iwo Jima" as the Best Picture along with "An Inconvenient Truth" as Best Documentary and Helen Mirren of "The Queen" as Best Actress. Forest Whitaker was named Best Actor, too for his portrayal in "The Last King of Scotland", only this time he had to share the honor with "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen.
Apart from the aforementioned category, "The Queen" also gained three more awards in music, screenplay, and supporting actor for Michael Sheen. Other winning titles included animated penguin romp "Happy Feet" for Best Animation category and "The Lives of Others" for that of Best Foreign Film.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star