Winners at the 32nd Annual LAFCA Awards
Turns out New York Film Critics Online is not the only one that gave honors to members of the film industry on Sunday, December 10 as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association also announced on the same day those worthy to receive its LAFCA Awards, which will be held on January 14, 2007.
Seemingly had the same taste with the National Board of Review, the organization delightfully picked "Letters from Iwo Jima" as the Best Picture along with "An Inconvenient Truth" as Best Documentary and Helen Mirren of "The Queen" as Best Actress. Forest Whitaker was named Best Actor, too for his portrayal in "The Last King of Scotland", only this time he had to share the honor with "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen.
Apart from the aforementioned category, "The Queen" also gained three more awards in music, screenplay, and supporting actor for Michael Sheen. Other winning titles included animated penguin romp "Happy Feet" for Best Animation category and "The Lives of Others" for that of Best Foreign Film.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion