Winners at the 32nd Annual LAFCA Awards
Turns out New York Film Critics Online is not the only one that gave honors to members of the film industry on Sunday, December 10 as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association also announced on the same day those worthy to receive its LAFCA Awards, which will be held on January 14, 2007.
Seemingly had the same taste with the National Board of Review, the organization delightfully picked "Letters from Iwo Jima" as the Best Picture along with "An Inconvenient Truth" as Best Documentary and Helen Mirren of "The Queen" as Best Actress. Forest Whitaker was named Best Actor, too for his portrayal in "The Last King of Scotland", only this time he had to share the honor with "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen.
Apart from the aforementioned category, "The Queen" also gained three more awards in music, screenplay, and supporting actor for Michael Sheen. Other winning titles included animated penguin romp "Happy Feet" for Best Animation category and "The Lives of Others" for that of Best Foreign Film.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny