Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud, Wesley Snipes Looks Forward to Clearing His Name
He was first arrested on tax fraud on Friday morning Dec 8th. But Wesley Snipes was later on pleaded not guilty when he surrendered to government officials in Orlando.
Snipes, charged with fraudulently claiming nearly $12 million in tax refunds and failing to file returns from 1999 through 2004, pleaded not guilty to all charges and was freed on $1 million bond. The actor was ordered back in court for another hearing on Jan. 10 next year.
"I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post haste," Snipes told reporters following the ruling. Also his lawyer added, "We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him."
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters