Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud, Wesley Snipes Looks Forward to Clearing His Name
He was first arrested on tax fraud on Friday morning Dec 8th. But Wesley Snipes was later on pleaded not guilty when he surrendered to government officials in Orlando.
Snipes, charged with fraudulently claiming nearly $12 million in tax refunds and failing to file returns from 1999 through 2004, pleaded not guilty to all charges and was freed on $1 million bond. The actor was ordered back in court for another hearing on Jan. 10 next year.
"I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post haste," Snipes told reporters following the ruling. Also his lawyer added, "We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him."
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'