Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud, Wesley Snipes Looks Forward to Clearing His Name
He was first arrested on tax fraud on Friday morning Dec 8th. But Wesley Snipes was later on pleaded not guilty when he surrendered to government officials in Orlando.
Snipes, charged with fraudulently claiming nearly $12 million in tax refunds and failing to file returns from 1999 through 2004, pleaded not guilty to all charges and was freed on $1 million bond. The actor was ordered back in court for another hearing on Jan. 10 next year.
"I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post haste," Snipes told reporters following the ruling. Also his lawyer added, "We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him."
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park