Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud, Wesley Snipes Looks Forward to Clearing His Name
He was first arrested on tax fraud on Friday morning Dec 8th. But Wesley Snipes was later on pleaded not guilty when he surrendered to government officials in Orlando.
Snipes, charged with fraudulently claiming nearly $12 million in tax refunds and failing to file returns from 1999 through 2004, pleaded not guilty to all charges and was freed on $1 million bond. The actor was ordered back in court for another hearing on Jan. 10 next year.
"I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post haste," Snipes told reporters following the ruling. Also his lawyer added, "We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him."
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?