Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud, Wesley Snipes Looks Forward to Clearing His Name
He was first arrested on tax fraud on Friday morning Dec 8th. But Wesley Snipes was later on pleaded not guilty when he surrendered to government officials in Orlando.
Snipes, charged with fraudulently claiming nearly $12 million in tax refunds and failing to file returns from 1999 through 2004, pleaded not guilty to all charges and was freed on $1 million bond. The actor was ordered back in court for another hearing on Jan. 10 next year.
"I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post haste," Snipes told reporters following the ruling. Also his lawyer added, "We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked