Tobey Maguire Considers Quitting Spider-Man Role
Probably "Spider-Man 3" will be the last time audience can see Tobey Maguire appear as the titular superhero. The dark-haired actor is reportedly in consideration to give up the coveted role in order to spend more time with his newborn daughter Ruby.
"This might be a good place to stop - I am not tied contractually to any more Spider-Man movies," so he said while confessing it would be a perfect time to retire from the hit franchise. "I am not completely closed to the idea of another one if it made sense but I would say the odds were in favour of this being the last one."
This is not the first time a star from the hit franchise revealed a thought to make a departure as Maguire's co-star Kirsten Dunst previously admitted that she is keen to leave the series and takes up art instead, saying she is not "the type of actress who does movie after movie."
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'