Tobey Maguire Considers Quitting Spider-Man Role
Probably "Spider-Man 3" will be the last time audience can see Tobey Maguire appear as the titular superhero. The dark-haired actor is reportedly in consideration to give up the coveted role in order to spend more time with his newborn daughter Ruby.
"This might be a good place to stop - I am not tied contractually to any more Spider-Man movies," so he said while confessing it would be a perfect time to retire from the hit franchise. "I am not completely closed to the idea of another one if it made sense but I would say the odds were in favour of this being the last one."
This is not the first time a star from the hit franchise revealed a thought to make a departure as Maguire's co-star Kirsten Dunst previously admitted that she is keen to leave the series and takes up art instead, saying she is not "the type of actress who does movie after movie."
More Tobey Maguire News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!