Meryl Streep Performs A Stunning "Rendition"
Giving more highlights to the already high-profile cast lineup of "Rendition", Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep has reached a deal to take a starring role in this New Line Cinema's political thriller project, Variety has reported.
Joining the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon, Peter Sarsgaard, Alan Arkin, and Omar Metwally, Streep will be billed to play a government official who approves the transfer of a suspect in a suicide bombing to a Middle East country. Shooting of her scenes is expected to be commenced in Los Angeles in the next few days.
Production on the film has already been running since last week led by Gavin Hood who is directing based on script written by Kelley Sane. David Kanter, Keith Redmon, Michael Sugar, and Steve Golin are all producing with Level One's Bill Todman co-financing alongside New Line.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'