Meryl Streep Performs A Stunning "Rendition"
Giving more highlights to the already high-profile cast lineup of "Rendition", Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep has reached a deal to take a starring role in this New Line Cinema's political thriller project, Variety has reported.
Joining the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon, Peter Sarsgaard, Alan Arkin, and Omar Metwally, Streep will be billed to play a government official who approves the transfer of a suspect in a suicide bombing to a Middle East country. Shooting of her scenes is expected to be commenced in Los Angeles in the next few days.
Production on the film has already been running since last week led by Gavin Hood who is directing based on script written by Kelley Sane. David Kanter, Keith Redmon, Michael Sugar, and Steve Golin are all producing with Level One's Bill Todman co-financing alongside New Line.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences