Meg Ryan Attached to Star in HBO's "The Best Awful"
Hollywood movie darling Meg Ryan has been attached by HBO to star in its new miniseries, "The Best Awful."
The project, an adaptation of the Carrie Fisher's best-selling novel "Postcards From the Edge," will have the likes of Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks and Richard LaGravenese, all to give hand at producing along with Ryan and Fisher.
As for the book, it tells the story of a bipolar, ex-actress, celebrity talk show host with a 6-year-old daughter, a gay ex-husband, an aging movie star mother and an unshakable will to survive. Her post-divorce trauma leads her back to the use of prescription drugs, a wild trip to Mexico with her tattoo artist and, ultimately, a rehab clinic.
Stay tuned for more details on the forthcoming project.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns