Meg Ryan Attached to Star in HBO's "The Best Awful"
Hollywood movie darling Meg Ryan has been attached by HBO to star in its new miniseries, "The Best Awful."
The project, an adaptation of the Carrie Fisher's best-selling novel "Postcards From the Edge," will have the likes of Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks and Richard LaGravenese, all to give hand at producing along with Ryan and Fisher.
As for the book, it tells the story of a bipolar, ex-actress, celebrity talk show host with a 6-year-old daughter, a gay ex-husband, an aging movie star mother and an unshakable will to survive. Her post-divorce trauma leads her back to the use of prescription drugs, a wild trip to Mexico with her tattoo artist and, ultimately, a rehab clinic.
Stay tuned for more details on the forthcoming project.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame