Meg Ryan Attached to Star in HBO's "The Best Awful"
Hollywood movie darling Meg Ryan has been attached by HBO to star in its new miniseries, "The Best Awful."
The project, an adaptation of the Carrie Fisher's best-selling novel "Postcards From the Edge," will have the likes of Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks and Richard LaGravenese, all to give hand at producing along with Ryan and Fisher.
As for the book, it tells the story of a bipolar, ex-actress, celebrity talk show host with a 6-year-old daughter, a gay ex-husband, an aging movie star mother and an unshakable will to survive. Her post-divorce trauma leads her back to the use of prescription drugs, a wild trip to Mexico with her tattoo artist and, ultimately, a rehab clinic.
Stay tuned for more details on the forthcoming project.
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings