Meg Ryan Attached to Star in HBO's "The Best Awful"
Hollywood movie darling Meg Ryan has been attached by HBO to star in its new miniseries, "The Best Awful."
The project, an adaptation of the Carrie Fisher's best-selling novel "Postcards From the Edge," will have the likes of Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks and Richard LaGravenese, all to give hand at producing along with Ryan and Fisher.
As for the book, it tells the story of a bipolar, ex-actress, celebrity talk show host with a 6-year-old daughter, a gay ex-husband, an aging movie star mother and an unshakable will to survive. Her post-divorce trauma leads her back to the use of prescription drugs, a wild trip to Mexico with her tattoo artist and, ultimately, a rehab clinic.
Stay tuned for more details on the forthcoming project.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other