The US Album Charts Crowners in the Week Ended Nov 26th
Jay-Z is celebrating his comeback to music scene when his latest effort "Kingdom Come" featured on the No. 1 spot of the Billboard album charts, sold a hefty 680,000 copies in the week ended November 26, marking the rapper's ninth chart-topper.
"Kingdom Come" is the first since Jay-Z's retirement in 2003. It, on top of all, ties the star with The Rolling Stones for third-most chart-toppers of all time, behind The Beatles (19) and Elvis Presley (10). The second best album on the chart is that of the new band DAUGHTRY, established by American Idol season five finalist Chris Daughtry, titled "DAUGHTRY" which sold 304,000 units.
Ranked 3rd on the chart is the multi-label hits compilation "NOW 23" selling 289,000. Rounding out the Top 5 is The Beatles' "Love" bows at No. 4 with 272,000 and Snoop Dogg's "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" at No. 5 with 264,000. Beyonce Knowles' "B'Day" moving up three places to No. 6 with 173,000 units, just one place ahead of the soundtrack to Disney's "Hannah Montana" which slips two places to No. 7 with 167,000.
Akon's "Konvicted," which debuted last week at No. 1 slides to No. 8 with 164,000. Meanwhile, late rapper Tupac Shakur's "Pac's Life" enters the chart at No. 9, selling 159,000 copies, and Keith Urban's Capitol Nashville release "Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing" drops four to No. 10 with 157,000.
More Jay-Z News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special