The Rolling Stones Holds Back the Title of Top-Grossing Tour Ever
Losing the title of Top-Grossing Tour ever to Irish rock band U2 last year, The Rolling Stones wins back the predicate this year as their "A Bigger Bang" tour has grossed a staggering $437 million and drawn 3.5 million people to 110 shows.
Greater than that, there were an estimated crowd of 2 million saw the band performed at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro back in February.
U2's "Vertigo" tour grossed more than $333 million after its yearlong run from March 28, 2005 to March 2, 2006. This amount surely bested the Stones' 1994-1995 "Voodoo Lounge" tour, which made $320 million.
The Stones has been on the road since the fall of 2005 and in 110 shows for the sake of their "A Bigger Bang" tour, and with the intention to extend the tour into 2007, the band is expected to collect more than $500 million.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season