The Rolling Stones Holds Back the Title of Top-Grossing Tour Ever
Losing the title of Top-Grossing Tour ever to Irish rock band U2 last year, The Rolling Stones wins back the predicate this year as their "A Bigger Bang" tour has grossed a staggering $437 million and drawn 3.5 million people to 110 shows.
Greater than that, there were an estimated crowd of 2 million saw the band performed at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro back in February.
U2's "Vertigo" tour grossed more than $333 million after its yearlong run from March 28, 2005 to March 2, 2006. This amount surely bested the Stones' 1994-1995 "Voodoo Lounge" tour, which made $320 million.
The Stones has been on the road since the fall of 2005 and in 110 shows for the sake of their "A Bigger Bang" tour, and with the intention to extend the tour into 2007, the band is expected to collect more than $500 million.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce