Sam Raimi to Helm "The Hobbit"?
It's just a couple of days since Peter Jackson shockingly announced that he will not direct "The Hobbit", yet a name has already popped up around the web as the potential figure to fill in the vacancy.
Sure creating a buzz among the netters, TheOneRing.net has claimed that famed director Sam Raimi has been approached for a possibility to lead the project. However, the site noted that there is still no word yet on whether the "Spider-Man" helmer accepts the invitation or not.
Apart from this publication, apparently there is still a slight hope for the LOTR fans to see Jackson secure the director's seat as Saul Zaentz, the owner of Tolkien Enterprises and ultimate holder of the film rights to LOTR trilogy and "The Hobbit", appears to be quite optimistic to have him back in the team.
"Next year the Hobbit-rights will fall back to my company," so he stated as posted by the site. "I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance