Sam Raimi to Helm "The Hobbit"?
It's just a couple of days since Peter Jackson shockingly announced that he will not direct "The Hobbit", yet a name has already popped up around the web as the potential figure to fill in the vacancy.
Sure creating a buzz among the netters, TheOneRing.net has claimed that famed director Sam Raimi has been approached for a possibility to lead the project. However, the site noted that there is still no word yet on whether the "Spider-Man" helmer accepts the invitation or not.
Apart from this publication, apparently there is still a slight hope for the LOTR fans to see Jackson secure the director's seat as Saul Zaentz, the owner of Tolkien Enterprises and ultimate holder of the film rights to LOTR trilogy and "The Hobbit", appears to be quite optimistic to have him back in the team.
"Next year the Hobbit-rights will fall back to my company," so he stated as posted by the site. "I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us."
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video