Weekend U.S Box Office of November 17-19, 2006
A really tight race has marked the weekend box-office competition this time as two rookies emerged to battle fiercely for the no. 1 title, but in the end, it's the tap-dancing penguin from "Happy Feet" that finally rules over.
Drawing in a tremendous income of $41.5 million in its three-day run on the chart ended Sunday, November 19, 2006, the Warner Bros. CG animated penguin romp triumphantly beats its closest rival "Casino Royale" as the latest outing of 007 series scores slightly below at $40.8 million.
Last-week champ, "Borat" comes next as the second runner-up after making its way to add another $14.6 million into its pocket followed by "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" which took in $8.3 million to raise its total domestic gross to $51.7 million.
Also forced to go down are Columbia Pictures' comedy picture "Stranger Than Fiction" and another animated flick "Flushed Away", the former gaining $6.6 million while the latter earning $6.5 million to seat on the fifth and sixth rank, respectively.
The rest positions placed in order up to number ten go to Lionsgate's horror feature "Saw III" with $2.91 million, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's multiple narrative story of "Babel" with $2.9 million, Warner Bros.' "The Departed" with $2.5 million, and newcomer "After Dark Horrorfest: 8 Films to Die For" with $2.3 million.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'