Weekend U.S Box Office of November 17-19, 2006
A really tight race has marked the weekend box-office competition this time as two rookies emerged to battle fiercely for the no. 1 title, but in the end, it's the tap-dancing penguin from "Happy Feet" that finally rules over.
Drawing in a tremendous income of $41.5 million in its three-day run on the chart ended Sunday, November 19, 2006, the Warner Bros. CG animated penguin romp triumphantly beats its closest rival "Casino Royale" as the latest outing of 007 series scores slightly below at $40.8 million.
Last-week champ, "Borat" comes next as the second runner-up after making its way to add another $14.6 million into its pocket followed by "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" which took in $8.3 million to raise its total domestic gross to $51.7 million.
Also forced to go down are Columbia Pictures' comedy picture "Stranger Than Fiction" and another animated flick "Flushed Away", the former gaining $6.6 million while the latter earning $6.5 million to seat on the fifth and sixth rank, respectively.
The rest positions placed in order up to number ten go to Lionsgate's horror feature "Saw III" with $2.91 million, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's multiple narrative story of "Babel" with $2.9 million, Warner Bros.' "The Departed" with $2.5 million, and newcomer "After Dark Horrorfest: 8 Films to Die For" with $2.3 million.
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions