Shakira Immortalized in the Form of A Statue
Colombia natives celebrated on Wednesday November 15th the unveiling of the homegrown pop diva Shakira's statue.
The six-ton, 4.5 meters tall statue was unveiled by the singer's father only hours before a festive benefit concert organized by Shakira.
"Barranquilla is the big breast that fed and nurtured me as a human being, a woman and an artist," said Shakira. "Returning is a chance to be with all the people from whom I learned and to pay homage to my roots."
Shakira returned to the city of Barranquilla on November 15, to perform at a festival benefit concert that she organized to raise money for an arts school for children displaced by civil war in the South American country.
More Shakira News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights