Shakira Immortalized in the Form of A Statue
Colombia natives celebrated on Wednesday November 15th the unveiling of the homegrown pop diva Shakira's statue.
The six-ton, 4.5 meters tall statue was unveiled by the singer's father only hours before a festive benefit concert organized by Shakira.
"Barranquilla is the big breast that fed and nurtured me as a human being, a woman and an artist," said Shakira. "Returning is a chance to be with all the people from whom I learned and to pay homage to my roots."
Shakira returned to the city of Barranquilla on November 15, to perform at a festival benefit concert that she organized to raise money for an arts school for children displaced by civil war in the South American country.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower