Shakira Immortalized in the Form of A Statue
Colombia natives celebrated on Wednesday November 15th the unveiling of the homegrown pop diva Shakira's statue.
The six-ton, 4.5 meters tall statue was unveiled by the singer's father only hours before a festive benefit concert organized by Shakira.
"Barranquilla is the big breast that fed and nurtured me as a human being, a woman and an artist," said Shakira. "Returning is a chance to be with all the people from whom I learned and to pay homage to my roots."
Shakira returned to the city of Barranquilla on November 15, to perform at a festival benefit concert that she organized to raise money for an arts school for children displaced by civil war in the South American country.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story