Shakira Immortalized in the Form of A Statue
Colombia natives celebrated on Wednesday November 15th the unveiling of the homegrown pop diva Shakira's statue.
The six-ton, 4.5 meters tall statue was unveiled by the singer's father only hours before a festive benefit concert organized by Shakira.
"Barranquilla is the big breast that fed and nurtured me as a human being, a woman and an artist," said Shakira. "Returning is a chance to be with all the people from whom I learned and to pay homage to my roots."
Shakira returned to the city of Barranquilla on November 15, to perform at a festival benefit concert that she organized to raise money for an arts school for children displaced by civil war in the South American country.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video