Peter Weir to Go Undersea with "Shadow Divers"
Peter Weir is bracing himself to deal with sea again, only this time he will go deep down the surface, if everything goes smooth. The "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" helmer is reportedly engaged in talks to both produce and direct "Shadow Divers" for Fox 2000, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Robert Kurson's best-selling nonfiction book "Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Discovered Hitler's Lost Sub", pic follows two deep-sea wreck divers as they risk their lives to identify a sunken U-boat they have found 60 miles off the coast of New Jersey.
Set for a 2007 release, the movie has already tapped William Broyles Jr. to work on the script as well as to executive produce. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Gabler and Rodney Ferrell are both overseeing for Fox 2000.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'