Peter Weir to Go Undersea with "Shadow Divers"
Peter Weir is bracing himself to deal with sea again, only this time he will go deep down the surface, if everything goes smooth. The "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" helmer is reportedly engaged in talks to both produce and direct "Shadow Divers" for Fox 2000, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Robert Kurson's best-selling nonfiction book "Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Discovered Hitler's Lost Sub", pic follows two deep-sea wreck divers as they risk their lives to identify a sunken U-boat they have found 60 miles off the coast of New Jersey.
Set for a 2007 release, the movie has already tapped William Broyles Jr. to work on the script as well as to executive produce. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Gabler and Rodney Ferrell are both overseeing for Fox 2000.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune