Peter Weir to Go Undersea with "Shadow Divers"
Peter Weir is bracing himself to deal with sea again, only this time he will go deep down the surface, if everything goes smooth. The "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" helmer is reportedly engaged in talks to both produce and direct "Shadow Divers" for Fox 2000, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Robert Kurson's best-selling nonfiction book "Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Discovered Hitler's Lost Sub", pic follows two deep-sea wreck divers as they risk their lives to identify a sunken U-boat they have found 60 miles off the coast of New Jersey.
Set for a 2007 release, the movie has already tapped William Broyles Jr. to work on the script as well as to executive produce. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Gabler and Rodney Ferrell are both overseeing for Fox 2000.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up