UK Rockers Bloc Party Cancel Tour
It is bad news of course for fans of Bloc Party that the UK rockers have to unfortunately cancel their North American tour due to illness in the band.
According to the band's official Website, on November 9 "drummer Matt Tong was admitted to hospital in Atlanta with a collapsed lung." That time around, Bloc Party canceled a week's of shows saying, "Doctor's at the hospital in Atlanta say Matt is in a comfortable condition and not in any danger, he will however be staying in hospital for at least the next three days for observation."
And still due to the same reason, Bloc Party, on November 14th, announced the cancellation of their entire North American tour supporting Panic! At the Disco, saying, "While Matt is on the road to recovery, doctors have advised that he not travel or play again for another few weeks in order to give his lung time to properly heal."
Frontman Kele Okereke says, "We would like to apologize to all of our fans here who won't be able to see us on this tour. We were looking forward to playing in a number of American cities that we've never been to before, however, Matt's health is our number one priority right now." Tickets can be refunded at point of purchase.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7