UK Rockers Bloc Party Cancel Tour
It is bad news of course for fans of Bloc Party that the UK rockers have to unfortunately cancel their North American tour due to illness in the band.
According to the band's official Website, on November 9 "drummer Matt Tong was admitted to hospital in Atlanta with a collapsed lung." That time around, Bloc Party canceled a week's of shows saying, "Doctor's at the hospital in Atlanta say Matt is in a comfortable condition and not in any danger, he will however be staying in hospital for at least the next three days for observation."
And still due to the same reason, Bloc Party, on November 14th, announced the cancellation of their entire North American tour supporting Panic! At the Disco, saying, "While Matt is on the road to recovery, doctors have advised that he not travel or play again for another few weeks in order to give his lung time to properly heal."
Frontman Kele Okereke says, "We would like to apologize to all of our fans here who won't be able to see us on this tour. We were looking forward to playing in a number of American cities that we've never been to before, however, Matt's health is our number one priority right now." Tickets can be refunded at point of purchase.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story