Will Ferrell Gives Salute to "King Dork"
Being consistent in film producing, Will Ferrell is about to develop one more big screen feature under his Gary Sanchez Productions banner. The Hollywood Reporter learned that the funnyman has picked up the rights to make "King Dork" based on Frank Portman's debut novel of the same title.
As part of their overall first-look deal with Paramount Vantage, the Paramount Pictures' art-house division, Ferrell will produce with Adam McKay, his producing partner at Gary Sanchez. It is still unclear yet whether the actor will also take a starring part in the project.
Generated a lot of interest since its debut in April, "Dork" follows Tom Henderson, a teen who is also a typical high school slacker, as his life begins to change upon finding his late father's copy of J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye." So far, there is no information on names attached to direct and write the script.
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films