Will Ferrell Gives Salute to "King Dork"
Being consistent in film producing, Will Ferrell is about to develop one more big screen feature under his Gary Sanchez Productions banner. The Hollywood Reporter learned that the funnyman has picked up the rights to make "King Dork" based on Frank Portman's debut novel of the same title.
As part of their overall first-look deal with Paramount Vantage, the Paramount Pictures' art-house division, Ferrell will produce with Adam McKay, his producing partner at Gary Sanchez. It is still unclear yet whether the actor will also take a starring part in the project.
Generated a lot of interest since its debut in April, "Dork" follows Tom Henderson, a teen who is also a typical high school slacker, as his life begins to change upon finding his late father's copy of J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye." So far, there is no information on names attached to direct and write the script.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?