Will Ferrell Gives Salute to "King Dork"
Being consistent in film producing, Will Ferrell is about to develop one more big screen feature under his Gary Sanchez Productions banner. The Hollywood Reporter learned that the funnyman has picked up the rights to make "King Dork" based on Frank Portman's debut novel of the same title.
As part of their overall first-look deal with Paramount Vantage, the Paramount Pictures' art-house division, Ferrell will produce with Adam McKay, his producing partner at Gary Sanchez. It is still unclear yet whether the actor will also take a starring part in the project.
Generated a lot of interest since its debut in April, "Dork" follows Tom Henderson, a teen who is also a typical high school slacker, as his life begins to change upon finding his late father's copy of J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye." So far, there is no information on names attached to direct and write the script.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor