Rhona Mitra Counts Down the Days to "Doomsday"
"The Practice" star Rhona Mitra has landed a big acting stint. The actress will topline a futuristic action thriller entitled "Doomsday" which is set to be Neil Marshall's follow-up to his acclaimed horror flick "The Descent."
Scheduled to begin filming early 2007, the project will see Mitra as the leader of an elite group assigned to go to a country infected with virus known as the Reaper. Unexpectedly, the troupe find themselves shut off from the rest of the world there and must battle through a landscape that has become a waking nightmare.
Apart from helming the movie, Marshall is also attached to pen the script as well. Meanwhile Steven Paul and Benedict Carver of Crystal Sky Pictures will produce in association with Intrepid Pictures, of which principals namely Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are executive producing alongside Peter McAleese.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding