Rhona Mitra Counts Down the Days to "Doomsday"
"The Practice" star Rhona Mitra has landed a big acting stint. The actress will topline a futuristic action thriller entitled "Doomsday" which is set to be Neil Marshall's follow-up to his acclaimed horror flick "The Descent."
Scheduled to begin filming early 2007, the project will see Mitra as the leader of an elite group assigned to go to a country infected with virus known as the Reaper. Unexpectedly, the troupe find themselves shut off from the rest of the world there and must battle through a landscape that has become a waking nightmare.
Apart from helming the movie, Marshall is also attached to pen the script as well. Meanwhile Steven Paul and Benedict Carver of Crystal Sky Pictures will produce in association with Intrepid Pictures, of which principals namely Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are executive producing alongside Peter McAleese.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!