Rhona Mitra Counts Down the Days to "Doomsday"
"The Practice" star Rhona Mitra has landed a big acting stint. The actress will topline a futuristic action thriller entitled "Doomsday" which is set to be Neil Marshall's follow-up to his acclaimed horror flick "The Descent."
Scheduled to begin filming early 2007, the project will see Mitra as the leader of an elite group assigned to go to a country infected with virus known as the Reaper. Unexpectedly, the troupe find themselves shut off from the rest of the world there and must battle through a landscape that has become a waking nightmare.
Apart from helming the movie, Marshall is also attached to pen the script as well. Meanwhile Steven Paul and Benedict Carver of Crystal Sky Pictures will produce in association with Intrepid Pictures, of which principals namely Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are executive producing alongside Peter McAleese.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie