Mark Williams Stares at "Double Cross"
Going against the stream of current film productions, Infomercial producer Mark Williams will develop "Double Cross", a big screen feature about Sam Giancana, a notorious and powerful mafioso who was also the boss of the Chicago Outfit from 1957-1966.
Based on a novel of the same title written by Giancana's brother, Chuck Giancana, and his nephew, Sam Giancana, the project will have its screenplay penned by Edgar Allan Poe Award winner Alfonse Ruggiero Jr. whose writing credits include those for TV series "Miami Vice" and "Wiseguy."
As for the story, the movie is likely to stay faithful to the original source material, which follows the gangster's rise from being a hit man for Al Capone to becoming a powerful don, judging from William's deep interest in the mob which first flourished when he grew up in Chicago.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video