Mark Williams Stares at "Double Cross"
Going against the stream of current film productions, Infomercial producer Mark Williams will develop "Double Cross", a big screen feature about Sam Giancana, a notorious and powerful mafioso who was also the boss of the Chicago Outfit from 1957-1966.
Based on a novel of the same title written by Giancana's brother, Chuck Giancana, and his nephew, Sam Giancana, the project will have its screenplay penned by Edgar Allan Poe Award winner Alfonse Ruggiero Jr. whose writing credits include those for TV series "Miami Vice" and "Wiseguy."
As for the story, the movie is likely to stay faithful to the original source material, which follows the gangster's rise from being a hit man for Al Capone to becoming a powerful don, judging from William's deep interest in the mob which first flourished when he grew up in Chicago.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik