"Dallas" Discards Its Screenplay
Trouble seems to keep lingering on "Dallas." After being reported to have its cast lineup scrapped, this big screen adaptation of the famed TV series now is also losing its screenplay, so Hollywood.com has reported.
According to the site, filmmakers of the picture have concluded to throw away the script written by Robert Harling after a few focus groups in the Midwest found it way too dramatic. Following this decision, the script then reportedly will be re-written as a show-within-a-show type comedy instead, similar to that of last year's "Bewitched."
With this change, the movie's original crew for this time being thereby only consists of John Travolta in the cast list and Gurinder Chadha as the helmer. It is still unclear yet whether the project can meet its shooting schedule in January next year as planned.
More Dallas News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram