"Dallas" Discards Its Screenplay
Trouble seems to keep lingering on "Dallas." After being reported to have its cast lineup scrapped, this big screen adaptation of the famed TV series now is also losing its screenplay, so Hollywood.com has reported.
According to the site, filmmakers of the picture have concluded to throw away the script written by Robert Harling after a few focus groups in the Midwest found it way too dramatic. Following this decision, the script then reportedly will be re-written as a show-within-a-show type comedy instead, similar to that of last year's "Bewitched."
With this change, the movie's original crew for this time being thereby only consists of John Travolta in the cast list and Gurinder Chadha as the helmer. It is still unclear yet whether the project can meet its shooting schedule in January next year as planned.
More Dallas News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama