"Dallas" Discards Its Screenplay
Trouble seems to keep lingering on "Dallas." After being reported to have its cast lineup scrapped, this big screen adaptation of the famed TV series now is also losing its screenplay, so Hollywood.com has reported.
According to the site, filmmakers of the picture have concluded to throw away the script written by Robert Harling after a few focus groups in the Midwest found it way too dramatic. Following this decision, the script then reportedly will be re-written as a show-within-a-show type comedy instead, similar to that of last year's "Bewitched."
With this change, the movie's original crew for this time being thereby only consists of John Travolta in the cast list and Gurinder Chadha as the helmer. It is still unclear yet whether the project can meet its shooting schedule in January next year as planned.
More Dallas News
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting