Jodie Markell Carves "Teardrop Diamond"
Boldly taking a tough yet challenging job, indie actress Jodie Markell will make her feature directorial debut in "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond", an adaptation of a posthumously discovered screenplay by hugely respected playwright Tennessee Williams, Variety has reported.
Scheduled to start filming by spring 2007 in Louisiana, the project takes a look on class tensions in 1920s Memphis, in particular on a romance between Fisher Willow, a young woman coming from a rich family, and a plantation worker named Jimmy.
Listed in the cast are notable names like Lindsay Lohan, Ellen Burstyn, David Strathairn, Ann-Margret, and Chris Evans. Meanwhile, Brad Michael Gilbert will serve as the movie's producer.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris