Jodie Markell Carves "Teardrop Diamond"
Boldly taking a tough yet challenging job, indie actress Jodie Markell will make her feature directorial debut in "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond", an adaptation of a posthumously discovered screenplay by hugely respected playwright Tennessee Williams, Variety has reported.
Scheduled to start filming by spring 2007 in Louisiana, the project takes a look on class tensions in 1920s Memphis, in particular on a romance between Fisher Willow, a young woman coming from a rich family, and a plantation worker named Jimmy.
Listed in the cast are notable names like Lindsay Lohan, Ellen Burstyn, David Strathairn, Ann-Margret, and Chris Evans. Meanwhile, Brad Michael Gilbert will serve as the movie's producer.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO