Jodie Markell Carves "Teardrop Diamond"
Boldly taking a tough yet challenging job, indie actress Jodie Markell will make her feature directorial debut in "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond", an adaptation of a posthumously discovered screenplay by hugely respected playwright Tennessee Williams, Variety has reported.
Scheduled to start filming by spring 2007 in Louisiana, the project takes a look on class tensions in 1920s Memphis, in particular on a romance between Fisher Willow, a young woman coming from a rich family, and a plantation worker named Jimmy.
Listed in the cast are notable names like Lindsay Lohan, Ellen Burstyn, David Strathairn, Ann-Margret, and Chris Evans. Meanwhile, Brad Michael Gilbert will serve as the movie's producer.
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto