Jodie Markell Carves "Teardrop Diamond"
Boldly taking a tough yet challenging job, indie actress Jodie Markell will make her feature directorial debut in "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond", an adaptation of a posthumously discovered screenplay by hugely respected playwright Tennessee Williams, Variety has reported.
Scheduled to start filming by spring 2007 in Louisiana, the project takes a look on class tensions in 1920s Memphis, in particular on a romance between Fisher Willow, a young woman coming from a rich family, and a plantation worker named Jimmy.
Listed in the cast are notable names like Lindsay Lohan, Ellen Burstyn, David Strathairn, Ann-Margret, and Chris Evans. Meanwhile, Brad Michael Gilbert will serve as the movie's producer.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'