Weekend U.S Box Office of November 10-12, 2006
Huge attention apparently still directed toward "Borat" despite its recent negative publications as the picture gloriously proves to once more become the no. 1 movie on the weekend box office of November 10-12, 2006.
Thanks to a boost in the number of North American theaters, the mockumentary easily draws in $28.2 million after expanding to 2,566 sites from a limited 837 locations, forcing "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", which scores far below at $16.9 million, to again seat as the runner-up.
The no. 3 film also remains unchanged from last week for "Flushed Away" continues to trail close the Disney's flick with $16.6 million, in the meantime raising its total sum to $39.8 million so far. Following behind are newcomer "Stranger Than Fiction" that opens well at $13.4 million and "Saw III" with $6.9 million to make up the big five of the list.
Finishes on number six is the R-rated Paramount Vantage multiple story drama "Babel" after it successfully managed to collect $5.5 million from a $4,517 per screen averaged, a notch above "The Departed" which this time can only add up $5.1 million into its pocket.
Securing the eighth slot is Christopher Nolan's magician saga "The Prestige" with $4.7 million while the ninth and tenth go to two other newcomers namely "The Return" with $4.4 million and "A Good Year" with $3.7 million, respectively.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!