Weekend U.S Box Office of November 10-12, 2006
Huge attention apparently still directed toward "Borat" despite its recent negative publications as the picture gloriously proves to once more become the no. 1 movie on the weekend box office of November 10-12, 2006.
Thanks to a boost in the number of North American theaters, the mockumentary easily draws in $28.2 million after expanding to 2,566 sites from a limited 837 locations, forcing "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", which scores far below at $16.9 million, to again seat as the runner-up.
The no. 3 film also remains unchanged from last week for "Flushed Away" continues to trail close the Disney's flick with $16.6 million, in the meantime raising its total sum to $39.8 million so far. Following behind are newcomer "Stranger Than Fiction" that opens well at $13.4 million and "Saw III" with $6.9 million to make up the big five of the list.
Finishes on number six is the R-rated Paramount Vantage multiple story drama "Babel" after it successfully managed to collect $5.5 million from a $4,517 per screen averaged, a notch above "The Departed" which this time can only add up $5.1 million into its pocket.
Securing the eighth slot is Christopher Nolan's magician saga "The Prestige" with $4.7 million while the ninth and tenth go to two other newcomers namely "The Return" with $4.4 million and "A Good Year" with $3.7 million, respectively.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser