Beyonce Knowles and Eva Longoria to Tip the "Velvet"
This no doubt will be one challenging role Beyonce Knowles and Eva Longoria ever get offered of. The beauties have both been approached to play a lesbian couple in Victorian drama feature "Tipping the Velvet", an adaptation of Sarah Waters' raunchy novel of the same title.
"Yes, it's true, we're talking about doing that," Longoria confirmed the possible involvement. "It's such a wonderful novel, a beautiful love story."
Meanwhile, Knowles considers that it is time the world was treated to a classic lesbian love story. "We've had 'Brokeback Mountain' so the time is right for this divine novel to get the same treatment," so she said.
In bringing up this project to the big screen, it is said that Sofia Coppola is set to direct and will make it as her next directorial effort after "Marie Antoinette." This tale of an 1890s music hall star and her lover actually had been turned into life by BBC TV in 2002 with Geoffrey Sax at helm and Andrew Davies penning the script.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered