"Borat" Sued by Humiliated College Guys
Another day, another trouble for "Borat." Recently being reported to fail getting recommendation from Russian Federal Agency for Culture and Cinematography which can threaten its release in the country, the flick now is facing a lawsuit from two University of South Carolina students who claimed that they were duped into making racist and sexist comments in the movie.
The unnamed plaintiffs filed their legal action Thursday, November 9 in Santa Monica alleging that they were taken by the film's crew who provided them with alcohol before signing a form allowing their images to be used in the picture.
"They were induced to agree to participate and were told the name of the fraternity and the name of their school wouldn't be used," the plaintiffs' attorney Olivier Taillieu remarked. "They were put into an RV and were made to believe they were picking up Borat the hitchhiker."
Charging 20th Century Fox, purveyor of the picture, with fraud also rescission of contract as well as statutory and common law false light for framing their comments to make them appear "insensitive to minorities", the twosome are seeking an injunction to stop the studio from displaying their image and likeness along with an unspecified monetary damages in excess of $25,000.
Responding to this matter, Fox, through its spokesman Gregg Brilliant, has firmly stated that the lawsuit "has no merit" and denied that the plaintiffs were tricked into engaging in such boorish behavior.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed