Nelly Furtado to Guest Star in Portuguese Soap Opera
Nelly Furtado gives hand at acting. The Grammy-winning Canadian singer is tapped to make a guest appearance on a popular Portuguese soap opera titled "Floribella".
Furtado is said to make her acting debut on the show by next month. Her Canadian publicist confirmed the news Wednesday November 8th, while adding that she will play herself in the brief spot.
The soap opera "Floribella" is a popular kids series about a poor girl who dreams of being a singer. The Cinderella tale is a Portuguese remake of the Argentine TV hit "Floricienta" and draws more than one million viewers each week night.
In other Furtado news, the songbird once prepared for a role in the independent U.S. film "Nobody's Hero," which follows a young soldier as he returns from the Iraq war, but had to abandon the project when filming conflicted with promoting her album.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?