Nelly Furtado to Guest Star in Portuguese Soap Opera
Nelly Furtado gives hand at acting. The Grammy-winning Canadian singer is tapped to make a guest appearance on a popular Portuguese soap opera titled "Floribella".
Furtado is said to make her acting debut on the show by next month. Her Canadian publicist confirmed the news Wednesday November 8th, while adding that she will play herself in the brief spot.
The soap opera "Floribella" is a popular kids series about a poor girl who dreams of being a singer. The Cinderella tale is a Portuguese remake of the Argentine TV hit "Floricienta" and draws more than one million viewers each week night.
In other Furtado news, the songbird once prepared for a role in the independent U.S. film "Nobody's Hero," which follows a young soldier as he returns from the Iraq war, but had to abandon the project when filming conflicted with promoting her album.
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach