Nelly Furtado to Guest Star in Portuguese Soap Opera
Nelly Furtado gives hand at acting. The Grammy-winning Canadian singer is tapped to make a guest appearance on a popular Portuguese soap opera titled "Floribella".
Furtado is said to make her acting debut on the show by next month. Her Canadian publicist confirmed the news Wednesday November 8th, while adding that she will play herself in the brief spot.
The soap opera "Floribella" is a popular kids series about a poor girl who dreams of being a singer. The Cinderella tale is a Portuguese remake of the Argentine TV hit "Floricienta" and draws more than one million viewers each week night.
In other Furtado news, the songbird once prepared for a role in the independent U.S. film "Nobody's Hero," which follows a young soldier as he returns from the Iraq war, but had to abandon the project when filming conflicted with promoting her album.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World