Nelly Furtado to Guest Star in Portuguese Soap Opera
Nelly Furtado gives hand at acting. The Grammy-winning Canadian singer is tapped to make a guest appearance on a popular Portuguese soap opera titled "Floribella".
Furtado is said to make her acting debut on the show by next month. Her Canadian publicist confirmed the news Wednesday November 8th, while adding that she will play herself in the brief spot.
The soap opera "Floribella" is a popular kids series about a poor girl who dreams of being a singer. The Cinderella tale is a Portuguese remake of the Argentine TV hit "Floricienta" and draws more than one million viewers each week night.
In other Furtado news, the songbird once prepared for a role in the independent U.S. film "Nobody's Hero," which follows a young soldier as he returns from the Iraq war, but had to abandon the project when filming conflicted with promoting her album.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'