Nelly Furtado to Guest Star in Portuguese Soap Opera
Nelly Furtado gives hand at acting. The Grammy-winning Canadian singer is tapped to make a guest appearance on a popular Portuguese soap opera titled "Floribella".
Furtado is said to make her acting debut on the show by next month. Her Canadian publicist confirmed the news Wednesday November 8th, while adding that she will play herself in the brief spot.
The soap opera "Floribella" is a popular kids series about a poor girl who dreams of being a singer. The Cinderella tale is a Portuguese remake of the Argentine TV hit "Floricienta" and draws more than one million viewers each week night.
In other Furtado news, the songbird once prepared for a role in the independent U.S. film "Nobody's Hero," which follows a young soldier as he returns from the Iraq war, but had to abandon the project when filming conflicted with promoting her album.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special