Miramax Unlocks "The Golden Door"
Paying attention to foreign production, Miramax Films will distribute Italian-language feature "The Golden Door" or "Nuovomondo" in North America following its successful attempt to obtain the film's rights.
Set in 1913, the picture deals with a tale of a Sicilian peasant family encountering an American stranger who talks of the fortune that awaits them in his country. Emanuele Crialese handled both writing and directing matters with Alexandre Mallet-Guy producing.
Founded by Harvey and Bob Weinstein in 1979, Miramax was originally established to distribute indie films and later evolved as a major studio until the brothers resigned. Some of its recent features included "An Unfinished Life", "Proof", "Underclassman", and "Scary Movie 4" which it produced together with Dimension Films.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit