Miramax Unlocks "The Golden Door"
Paying attention to foreign production, Miramax Films will distribute Italian-language feature "The Golden Door" or "Nuovomondo" in North America following its successful attempt to obtain the film's rights.
Set in 1913, the picture deals with a tale of a Sicilian peasant family encountering an American stranger who talks of the fortune that awaits them in his country. Emanuele Crialese handled both writing and directing matters with Alexandre Mallet-Guy producing.
Founded by Harvey and Bob Weinstein in 1979, Miramax was originally established to distribute indie films and later evolved as a major studio until the brothers resigned. Some of its recent features included "An Unfinished Life", "Proof", "Underclassman", and "Scary Movie 4" which it produced together with Dimension Films.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2