Miramax Unlocks "The Golden Door"
Paying attention to foreign production, Miramax Films will distribute Italian-language feature "The Golden Door" or "Nuovomondo" in North America following its successful attempt to obtain the film's rights.
Set in 1913, the picture deals with a tale of a Sicilian peasant family encountering an American stranger who talks of the fortune that awaits them in his country. Emanuele Crialese handled both writing and directing matters with Alexandre Mallet-Guy producing.
Founded by Harvey and Bob Weinstein in 1979, Miramax was originally established to distribute indie films and later evolved as a major studio until the brothers resigned. Some of its recent features included "An Unfinished Life", "Proof", "Underclassman", and "Scary Movie 4" which it produced together with Dimension Films.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour