Miramax Unlocks "The Golden Door"
Paying attention to foreign production, Miramax Films will distribute Italian-language feature "The Golden Door" or "Nuovomondo" in North America following its successful attempt to obtain the film's rights.
Set in 1913, the picture deals with a tale of a Sicilian peasant family encountering an American stranger who talks of the fortune that awaits them in his country. Emanuele Crialese handled both writing and directing matters with Alexandre Mallet-Guy producing.
Founded by Harvey and Bob Weinstein in 1979, Miramax was originally established to distribute indie films and later evolved as a major studio until the brothers resigned. Some of its recent features included "An Unfinished Life", "Proof", "Underclassman", and "Scary Movie 4" which it produced together with Dimension Films.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday