Michael Hoffman Approaching the "Half-Blood Prince"
The search for right director to helm "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" still continues. After the names like Matthew Vaughn, James McTeigue, and M. Night Shyamalan popped out as candidates, here now comes Michael Hoffman on the list as SlashFilm has reported that the man is in talks to assume the position.
The quest to look for the one to lead this sixth installment of the hit franchise lately has become a hot topic around Harry Potter fans as well as moviegoers. Previous directors such as Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron have reportedly shown their interest to return with Terry Gilliam being rumored on IMDb to get on board though his name was quickly removed.
Hoffman, a Hawaiian-born filmmaker, first tried his hand at filmmaking in "Privileged" starring Hugh Grant during his study at Oxford. His other credits include "Promised Land", "Restoration", and "A Midsummer Night's Dream", the latest being "Game 6" which featured Michael Keaton and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast.
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof