Michael Hoffman Approaching the "Half-Blood Prince"
The search for right director to helm "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" still continues. After the names like Matthew Vaughn, James McTeigue, and M. Night Shyamalan popped out as candidates, here now comes Michael Hoffman on the list as SlashFilm has reported that the man is in talks to assume the position.
The quest to look for the one to lead this sixth installment of the hit franchise lately has become a hot topic around Harry Potter fans as well as moviegoers. Previous directors such as Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron have reportedly shown their interest to return with Terry Gilliam being rumored on IMDb to get on board though his name was quickly removed.
Hoffman, a Hawaiian-born filmmaker, first tried his hand at filmmaking in "Privileged" starring Hugh Grant during his study at Oxford. His other credits include "Promised Land", "Restoration", and "A Midsummer Night's Dream", the latest being "Game 6" which featured Michael Keaton and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital