Michael Hoffman Approaching the "Half-Blood Prince"
The search for right director to helm "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" still continues. After the names like Matthew Vaughn, James McTeigue, and M. Night Shyamalan popped out as candidates, here now comes Michael Hoffman on the list as SlashFilm has reported that the man is in talks to assume the position.
The quest to look for the one to lead this sixth installment of the hit franchise lately has become a hot topic around Harry Potter fans as well as moviegoers. Previous directors such as Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron have reportedly shown their interest to return with Terry Gilliam being rumored on IMDb to get on board though his name was quickly removed.
Hoffman, a Hawaiian-born filmmaker, first tried his hand at filmmaking in "Privileged" starring Hugh Grant during his study at Oxford. His other credits include "Promised Land", "Restoration", and "A Midsummer Night's Dream", the latest being "Game 6" which featured Michael Keaton and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny