Another Adoption for Madonna? Why Not
Won't take into account all the controversies surrounding her action in adopting David Banda from hometown Malawi, pop superstar Madonna is considering for another adoption.
The singer, aside from the still circulating controversies out there, speaking to the BBC television in an interview broadcast on Wednesday night, she would consider adopting again. "I wouldn't rule it out, but I would like to experience David for a while and see how it works out," Madonna told the British channel.
Also the singer added that she was shocked by the amount of negative attention her adoption received. "I didn't expect to be accused of kidnapping, of doing something illegal," she said in a Dateline interview. "I didn't expect to be demonized."
Denied speculation that her celebrity status had given her any special circumstances when it came to adopting David, Madonna insisted "I can assure you that I was not given any special treatment." All in all, the star said she would like to see better adoption regulations in Africa to help orphans find new homes.
"I would like to get the adoption laws changed because I consider what is going on in Africa a state of emergency," she said. "When you have an entire adult population wiped out and no one to look after these children, you've got to address the laws and make adoption easier for people."
More Madonna News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction