Another Adoption for Madonna? Why Not
Won't take into account all the controversies surrounding her action in adopting David Banda from hometown Malawi, pop superstar Madonna is considering for another adoption.
The singer, aside from the still circulating controversies out there, speaking to the BBC television in an interview broadcast on Wednesday night, she would consider adopting again. "I wouldn't rule it out, but I would like to experience David for a while and see how it works out," Madonna told the British channel.
Also the singer added that she was shocked by the amount of negative attention her adoption received. "I didn't expect to be accused of kidnapping, of doing something illegal," she said in a Dateline interview. "I didn't expect to be demonized."
Denied speculation that her celebrity status had given her any special circumstances when it came to adopting David, Madonna insisted "I can assure you that I was not given any special treatment." All in all, the star said she would like to see better adoption regulations in Africa to help orphans find new homes.
"I would like to get the adoption laws changed because I consider what is going on in Africa a state of emergency," she said. "When you have an entire adult population wiped out and no one to look after these children, you've got to address the laws and make adoption easier for people."
More Madonna News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song