Another Adoption for Madonna? Why Not
Won't take into account all the controversies surrounding her action in adopting David Banda from hometown Malawi, pop superstar Madonna is considering for another adoption.
The singer, aside from the still circulating controversies out there, speaking to the BBC television in an interview broadcast on Wednesday night, she would consider adopting again. "I wouldn't rule it out, but I would like to experience David for a while and see how it works out," Madonna told the British channel.
Also the singer added that she was shocked by the amount of negative attention her adoption received. "I didn't expect to be accused of kidnapping, of doing something illegal," she said in a Dateline interview. "I didn't expect to be demonized."
Denied speculation that her celebrity status had given her any special circumstances when it came to adopting David, Madonna insisted "I can assure you that I was not given any special treatment." All in all, the star said she would like to see better adoption regulations in Africa to help orphans find new homes.
"I would like to get the adoption laws changed because I consider what is going on in Africa a state of emergency," she said. "When you have an entire adult population wiped out and no one to look after these children, you've got to address the laws and make adoption easier for people."
More Madonna News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert