Marcia Cross Desperately Wants Nude Photos Back
"Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross is taking legal action to prevent nude photographs of her from being published. The over than 200 personal photos of the actress were found by a firm hired to remove garbage from her Los Angeles home and now the firm trying to sell them to the highest bidder.
Lawyers for Cross claim the photos, accidentally disposed by the actress, are the copyrighted property of Cross and her husband, Tom Mahoney, no matter where they were discovered and thus look forward to get them back. However, Phoenix-based agent David Hans Schmidt, who was hired to represent the removal firm, insisted that Cross gave up her ownership rights when she tossed the photos in the trash.
"The pictures were not stolen. When you throw something away, you forfeit that property. We recognize the copyright issue, but US copyright law stops at the border. I'm not looking to mortify Ms. Cross, I just want the most money for my client," Schmidt explained.
As a way out, Schmidt is offering Cross the chance to buy back her photos. Let's just see what the future brings for both sides.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart