Marcia Cross Desperately Wants Nude Photos Back
"Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross is taking legal action to prevent nude photographs of her from being published. The over than 200 personal photos of the actress were found by a firm hired to remove garbage from her Los Angeles home and now the firm trying to sell them to the highest bidder.
Lawyers for Cross claim the photos, accidentally disposed by the actress, are the copyrighted property of Cross and her husband, Tom Mahoney, no matter where they were discovered and thus look forward to get them back. However, Phoenix-based agent David Hans Schmidt, who was hired to represent the removal firm, insisted that Cross gave up her ownership rights when she tossed the photos in the trash.
"The pictures were not stolen. When you throw something away, you forfeit that property. We recognize the copyright issue, but US copyright law stops at the border. I'm not looking to mortify Ms. Cross, I just want the most money for my client," Schmidt explained.
As a way out, Schmidt is offering Cross the chance to buy back her photos. Let's just see what the future brings for both sides.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'