Marcia Cross Desperately Wants Nude Photos Back
"Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross is taking legal action to prevent nude photographs of her from being published. The over than 200 personal photos of the actress were found by a firm hired to remove garbage from her Los Angeles home and now the firm trying to sell them to the highest bidder.
Lawyers for Cross claim the photos, accidentally disposed by the actress, are the copyrighted property of Cross and her husband, Tom Mahoney, no matter where they were discovered and thus look forward to get them back. However, Phoenix-based agent David Hans Schmidt, who was hired to represent the removal firm, insisted that Cross gave up her ownership rights when she tossed the photos in the trash.
"The pictures were not stolen. When you throw something away, you forfeit that property. We recognize the copyright issue, but US copyright law stops at the border. I'm not looking to mortify Ms. Cross, I just want the most money for my client," Schmidt explained.
As a way out, Schmidt is offering Cross the chance to buy back her photos. Let's just see what the future brings for both sides.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video