The 2006 MTVU Woodie Awards Winners
Alternative rock band Angels & Airwaves dominated the 2006 mtvU Woodie Awards, held Wednesday Oct 25th at New York's Roseland Ballroom. The band, formed by former Blink-182 star Tom DeLonge, claimed the event's top prize the Woodie of The Year (Artist of the Year) award.
Also won an honor during the award show, held to honor US college students' favorite emerging artists and music, was Plain White T's who brought home The Breaking Woodie (Best Emerging Artist) award, and Gnarls Barkley who nabbed the Left Field Woodie (Most Original Artist) award.
30 Seconds to Mars and Gorillaz both earned Best Video awards, the former for Live Action (Best Live Action Video) for "The Kill", while the latter was for Animated (Best Animated Video) thanks to their "El Maņana." Elsewhere, Serj Tankian of the metal band System of a Down was honored with The Good Woodie (Greatest Social Impact) award.
Some other winners were Taking Back Sunday who took the Road Woodie (Best Tour) award, The Subways won the International Woodie (Favorite International Artist) award, AFI broke the record for Alumni Woodie (a.k.a. The You're Still OK in Our Book) award, and O.A.R. who earned the Streaming Woodie (Most Downloaded) award for their hit "Lay Down."
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian