The 2006 MTVU Woodie Awards Winners
Alternative rock band Angels & Airwaves dominated the 2006 mtvU Woodie Awards, held Wednesday Oct 25th at New York's Roseland Ballroom. The band, formed by former Blink-182 star Tom DeLonge, claimed the event's top prize the Woodie of The Year (Artist of the Year) award.
Also won an honor during the award show, held to honor US college students' favorite emerging artists and music, was Plain White T's who brought home The Breaking Woodie (Best Emerging Artist) award, and Gnarls Barkley who nabbed the Left Field Woodie (Most Original Artist) award.
30 Seconds to Mars and Gorillaz both earned Best Video awards, the former for Live Action (Best Live Action Video) for "The Kill", while the latter was for Animated (Best Animated Video) thanks to their "El Maņana." Elsewhere, Serj Tankian of the metal band System of a Down was honored with The Good Woodie (Greatest Social Impact) award.
Some other winners were Taking Back Sunday who took the Road Woodie (Best Tour) award, The Subways won the International Woodie (Favorite International Artist) award, AFI broke the record for Alumni Woodie (a.k.a. The You're Still OK in Our Book) award, and O.A.R. who earned the Streaming Woodie (Most Downloaded) award for their hit "Lay Down."
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage