The 2006 MTVU Woodie Awards Winners
Alternative rock band Angels & Airwaves dominated the 2006 mtvU Woodie Awards, held Wednesday Oct 25th at New York's Roseland Ballroom. The band, formed by former Blink-182 star Tom DeLonge, claimed the event's top prize the Woodie of The Year (Artist of the Year) award.
Also won an honor during the award show, held to honor US college students' favorite emerging artists and music, was Plain White T's who brought home The Breaking Woodie (Best Emerging Artist) award, and Gnarls Barkley who nabbed the Left Field Woodie (Most Original Artist) award.
30 Seconds to Mars and Gorillaz both earned Best Video awards, the former for Live Action (Best Live Action Video) for "The Kill", while the latter was for Animated (Best Animated Video) thanks to their "El Maņana." Elsewhere, Serj Tankian of the metal band System of a Down was honored with The Good Woodie (Greatest Social Impact) award.
Some other winners were Taking Back Sunday who took the Road Woodie (Best Tour) award, The Subways won the International Woodie (Favorite International Artist) award, AFI broke the record for Alumni Woodie (a.k.a. The You're Still OK in Our Book) award, and O.A.R. who earned the Streaming Woodie (Most Downloaded) award for their hit "Lay Down."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent