The 2006 MTVU Woodie Awards Winners
Alternative rock band Angels & Airwaves dominated the 2006 mtvU Woodie Awards, held Wednesday Oct 25th at New York's Roseland Ballroom. The band, formed by former Blink-182 star Tom DeLonge, claimed the event's top prize the Woodie of The Year (Artist of the Year) award.
Also won an honor during the award show, held to honor US college students' favorite emerging artists and music, was Plain White T's who brought home The Breaking Woodie (Best Emerging Artist) award, and Gnarls Barkley who nabbed the Left Field Woodie (Most Original Artist) award.
30 Seconds to Mars and Gorillaz both earned Best Video awards, the former for Live Action (Best Live Action Video) for "The Kill", while the latter was for Animated (Best Animated Video) thanks to their "El Maņana." Elsewhere, Serj Tankian of the metal band System of a Down was honored with The Good Woodie (Greatest Social Impact) award.
Some other winners were Taking Back Sunday who took the Road Woodie (Best Tour) award, The Subways won the International Woodie (Favorite International Artist) award, AFI broke the record for Alumni Woodie (a.k.a. The You're Still OK in Our Book) award, and O.A.R. who earned the Streaming Woodie (Most Downloaded) award for their hit "Lay Down."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage