Anna Nicole Smith Skips Paternity-Dispute Meeting
Seemingly ignorant on the lawsuit filed by her former boyfriend Larry Birkhead over the paternity matters of her baby girl, Anna Nicole Smith has preferred not to show up on Monday, October 23, 2006 for a meeting requested by Birkhead's attorney Debra Opri, who has landed in the Bahamas to take a deposition from her.
Following this, Opri has revealed her intention to use Smith's absence to argue for dismissal of the challenge coming from the actress' attorneys, who once argued that the court does not have appropriate jurisdiction to oblige her to do a paternity test as Birkhead demanded.
"We're letting her know if she wants to make it this way, we're not going to make it easy for her," so she stated in a phone interview from Nassau.
In response on Opri's plan, a Bahamian attorney for Smith, Wayne Munroe, remarked that the former Playboy playmate still stands firmly on her decision of not voluntarily submitting the baby for the test despite the threat.
"If this young woman thinks advertising will sway my client, she is rudely mistaken," so he said.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show