Foxy Brown Threatened with Jail Time by NY Judge
Missed a court date for her New York assault case on Monday, October 23, 2006, rapper Foxy Brown has been threatened by Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson to be thrown in jail if she fails to appear again today, October 24.
Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, previously sent a letter telling she was unable to attend the hearing due to the oral surgery she had to undergo yet Jackson apparently did not see that as a proper cause for her absence. "I don't take this kindly," said the judge. "I don't believe she is incapable of being here."
Despite the absence, however, Jackson has made a decision to deny a motion by Brown to withdraw her guilty plea, furthermore saying she was in consideration to change her promised probation time to jail time. Should the judge do so, it means that the hip-hop artist will face up to a year in jail instead of a three-year probation and enrollment in anger management class as reported before.
Responding to the threat, Brown's attorney Frank Rothman said the music star would appear next. "She's showing no disrespect," so he told the judge.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked