Foxy Brown Threatened with Jail Time by NY Judge
Missed a court date for her New York assault case on Monday, October 23, 2006, rapper Foxy Brown has been threatened by Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson to be thrown in jail if she fails to appear again today, October 24.
Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, previously sent a letter telling she was unable to attend the hearing due to the oral surgery she had to undergo yet Jackson apparently did not see that as a proper cause for her absence. "I don't take this kindly," said the judge. "I don't believe she is incapable of being here."
Despite the absence, however, Jackson has made a decision to deny a motion by Brown to withdraw her guilty plea, furthermore saying she was in consideration to change her promised probation time to jail time. Should the judge do so, it means that the hip-hop artist will face up to a year in jail instead of a three-year probation and enrollment in anger management class as reported before.
Responding to the threat, Brown's attorney Frank Rothman said the music star would appear next. "She's showing no disrespect," so he told the judge.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo