Foxy Brown Threatened with Jail Time by NY Judge
Missed a court date for her New York assault case on Monday, October 23, 2006, rapper Foxy Brown has been threatened by Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson to be thrown in jail if she fails to appear again today, October 24.
Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, previously sent a letter telling she was unable to attend the hearing due to the oral surgery she had to undergo yet Jackson apparently did not see that as a proper cause for her absence. "I don't take this kindly," said the judge. "I don't believe she is incapable of being here."
Despite the absence, however, Jackson has made a decision to deny a motion by Brown to withdraw her guilty plea, furthermore saying she was in consideration to change her promised probation time to jail time. Should the judge do so, it means that the hip-hop artist will face up to a year in jail instead of a three-year probation and enrollment in anger management class as reported before.
Responding to the threat, Brown's attorney Frank Rothman said the music star would appear next. "She's showing no disrespect," so he told the judge.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!