AFI Selected Al Pacino to Receive Its 35th Life Achievement Award
A Hollywood senior actor, Al Pacino has had many awards, but Life Achievement Award, the highest honor for a career in film. Luckily, the veteran movie star is about to get one as the American Film Institute's (AFI) Board of Trustees has selected him to receive the 35th AFI Life Achievement Award.
"I am moved and honored to be considered for such a prestigious award," Pacino said in a statement. Aside, Sir Howard Stringer, chairman of the AFI board of trustees, called Pacino "an icon of American film" while praised him to have a "career inspires audiences and artists alike."
The award will be presented to Pacino at a gala tribute in Los Angeles on June 7, 2007.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says