AFI Selected Al Pacino to Receive Its 35th Life Achievement Award
A Hollywood senior actor, Al Pacino has had many awards, but Life Achievement Award, the highest honor for a career in film. Luckily, the veteran movie star is about to get one as the American Film Institute's (AFI) Board of Trustees has selected him to receive the 35th AFI Life Achievement Award.
"I am moved and honored to be considered for such a prestigious award," Pacino said in a statement. Aside, Sir Howard Stringer, chairman of the AFI board of trustees, called Pacino "an icon of American film" while praised him to have a "career inspires audiences and artists alike."
The award will be presented to Pacino at a gala tribute in Los Angeles on June 7, 2007.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation