AFI Selected Al Pacino to Receive Its 35th Life Achievement Award
A Hollywood senior actor, Al Pacino has had many awards, but Life Achievement Award, the highest honor for a career in film. Luckily, the veteran movie star is about to get one as the American Film Institute's (AFI) Board of Trustees has selected him to receive the 35th AFI Life Achievement Award.
"I am moved and honored to be considered for such a prestigious award," Pacino said in a statement. Aside, Sir Howard Stringer, chairman of the AFI board of trustees, called Pacino "an icon of American film" while praised him to have a "career inspires audiences and artists alike."
The award will be presented to Pacino at a gala tribute in Los Angeles on June 7, 2007.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos