AFI Selected Al Pacino to Receive Its 35th Life Achievement Award
A Hollywood senior actor, Al Pacino has had many awards, but Life Achievement Award, the highest honor for a career in film. Luckily, the veteran movie star is about to get one as the American Film Institute's (AFI) Board of Trustees has selected him to receive the 35th AFI Life Achievement Award.
"I am moved and honored to be considered for such a prestigious award," Pacino said in a statement. Aside, Sir Howard Stringer, chairman of the AFI board of trustees, called Pacino "an icon of American film" while praised him to have a "career inspires audiences and artists alike."
The award will be presented to Pacino at a gala tribute in Los Angeles on June 7, 2007.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie