AFI Selected Al Pacino to Receive Its 35th Life Achievement Award
A Hollywood senior actor, Al Pacino has had many awards, but Life Achievement Award, the highest honor for a career in film. Luckily, the veteran movie star is about to get one as the American Film Institute's (AFI) Board of Trustees has selected him to receive the 35th AFI Life Achievement Award.
"I am moved and honored to be considered for such a prestigious award," Pacino said in a statement. Aside, Sir Howard Stringer, chairman of the AFI board of trustees, called Pacino "an icon of American film" while praised him to have a "career inspires audiences and artists alike."
The award will be presented to Pacino at a gala tribute in Los Angeles on June 7, 2007.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'