Mennan Yapo Salutes "The Ambassador"
Fresh from helming "Premonition" for Columbia Pictures, Mennan Yapo has already landed another job to do. Variety noted that the Munich-born filmmaker has been appointed to direct political thriller "The Ambassador", a new project coming from Universal Pictures.
Based on Ward S. Just's novel of the same name, the movie will take focus on an American diplomat who is threatened to have his career ruined when his son turns out to be involved in a German terrorist organization. Larry Ramin is attached to pen the script with Strike Entertainment's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman producing.
Yapo, born in 1966 to a Turkish couple, initially began his film career working in marketing before making foray to directing through a short film entitled "Framed" in 1999. Also active as a writer and producer, his other directorial work is "Lautlos" or "Soundless" which won Platinum Award at last year's WorldFest Houston.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'