Mennan Yapo Salutes "The Ambassador"
Fresh from helming "Premonition" for Columbia Pictures, Mennan Yapo has already landed another job to do. Variety noted that the Munich-born filmmaker has been appointed to direct political thriller "The Ambassador", a new project coming from Universal Pictures.
Based on Ward S. Just's novel of the same name, the movie will take focus on an American diplomat who is threatened to have his career ruined when his son turns out to be involved in a German terrorist organization. Larry Ramin is attached to pen the script with Strike Entertainment's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman producing.
Yapo, born in 1966 to a Turkish couple, initially began his film career working in marketing before making foray to directing through a short film entitled "Framed" in 1999. Also active as a writer and producer, his other directorial work is "Lautlos" or "Soundless" which won Platinum Award at last year's WorldFest Houston.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby