Winners of the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards Latin America
A crowd of some 10,000 packed the Palacio de los Deportes Thursday night Oct 19th for the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards Latin America. Those handful people saw the winning of successful Mexican singer and songwriter Julieta Venegas who took home the Best Performer award.
The Grammy winning singer was actually nominated for five other categories, including Best Video, Artist of the Year and Song of the Year among others. Unfortunately she only won one. Aside, Colombian rock singer-songwriter Juanes won the Best Artist-Central award. Also there was the likes of Robbie Williams who nabbed the Best Pop International award, and My Chemical Romance who was handed the Best Rock International award.
English singer-songwriter James Blunt, in the meantime, won the Best International New Act award, and fellow singer Shakira took home the Song Of The Year award, thanks to her hit single "Hips Don't Lie." Also took home an award was Daddy Yankee who was named Artist Of The Year.
Click on http://www.mtvla.com for the full list of the awards winners.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli