Winners of the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards Latin America
A crowd of some 10,000 packed the Palacio de los Deportes Thursday night Oct 19th for the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards Latin America. Those handful people saw the winning of successful Mexican singer and songwriter Julieta Venegas who took home the Best Performer award.
The Grammy winning singer was actually nominated for five other categories, including Best Video, Artist of the Year and Song of the Year among others. Unfortunately she only won one. Aside, Colombian rock singer-songwriter Juanes won the Best Artist-Central award. Also there was the likes of Robbie Williams who nabbed the Best Pop International award, and My Chemical Romance who was handed the Best Rock International award.
English singer-songwriter James Blunt, in the meantime, won the Best International New Act award, and fellow singer Shakira took home the Song Of The Year award, thanks to her hit single "Hips Don't Lie." Also took home an award was Daddy Yankee who was named Artist Of The Year.
Click on http://www.mtvla.com for the full list of the awards winners.
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record