First Footage to be Released ... Stolen!!
LOS ANGELES, CA - Once again the thunder has been stolen from the producers of "Bryan Loves You". Last month New York Post's Page Six reported on an "open call for extras" hoax that nearly stalled production ("Phony Cast Call Vexes Movie", 9/4/06).
Two weeks ago, extremists using a popular video streaming site started posting stolen footage from the movie's California lab. And now, days away from the "Bryan Loves You" trailer's World Premiere, thieves have again beat the producers to the punch, somehow securing a copy of the trailer and posting it on several video sharing sites. In response, according to the Official "Bryan Loves You" site, the trailer has been posted early.
Producer Mike Mahoney, again addressing controversy, would only say: "We'll certainly tighten our security and from now on, everything will be watermarked and monitored 24-7. For something like this to happen twice is unacceptable." All footage has since been moved to a new, secure location. "Bryan Loves You" first attracted unwanted attention during last summer's production when a phony "open call for extras" calling for "crazies" and "cult members" ran in statewide editions of The Arizona Republic ("Indie thriller seeks young Valley extras", 6/13/06).
Two short video clips this month were stolen and posted online on several popular streaming video Web sites by an underground group claiming the movie is "full of lies" and warning the general public to steer clear of it. Unsure whether the incidents are connected, the producers are currently deliberating on whether to file formal charges.
"Bryan Loves You" is a feature-length horror now in post-production, slated for completion this spring and primed for a Halloween 2007 release. Written/directed by former newspaper reporter Seth Landau, it's his second feature film and uses a mix of actual and fictional events shot in a "recovered footage" style. Landau's first feature is the black comedy "Take Out" about a man who eliminates chain restaurants, recently completed and currently its worldwide rights are being sold. "Bryan Loves You" and "Take Out" are both under the Landau Motion Pictures banner.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser