First Footage to be Released ... Stolen!!
LOS ANGELES, CA - Once again the thunder has been stolen from the producers of "Bryan Loves You". Last month New York Post's Page Six reported on an "open call for extras" hoax that nearly stalled production ("Phony Cast Call Vexes Movie", 9/4/06).
Two weeks ago, extremists using a popular video streaming site started posting stolen footage from the movie's California lab. And now, days away from the "Bryan Loves You" trailer's World Premiere, thieves have again beat the producers to the punch, somehow securing a copy of the trailer and posting it on several video sharing sites. In response, according to the Official "Bryan Loves You" site, the trailer has been posted early.
Producer Mike Mahoney, again addressing controversy, would only say: "We'll certainly tighten our security and from now on, everything will be watermarked and monitored 24-7. For something like this to happen twice is unacceptable." All footage has since been moved to a new, secure location. "Bryan Loves You" first attracted unwanted attention during last summer's production when a phony "open call for extras" calling for "crazies" and "cult members" ran in statewide editions of The Arizona Republic ("Indie thriller seeks young Valley extras", 6/13/06).
Two short video clips this month were stolen and posted online on several popular streaming video Web sites by an underground group claiming the movie is "full of lies" and warning the general public to steer clear of it. Unsure whether the incidents are connected, the producers are currently deliberating on whether to file formal charges.
"Bryan Loves You" is a feature-length horror now in post-production, slated for completion this spring and primed for a Halloween 2007 release. Written/directed by former newspaper reporter Seth Landau, it's his second feature film and uses a mix of actual and fictional events shot in a "recovered footage" style. Landau's first feature is the black comedy "Take Out" about a man who eliminates chain restaurants, recently completed and currently its worldwide rights are being sold. "Bryan Loves You" and "Take Out" are both under the Landau Motion Pictures banner.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party